Ceramic coating question

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing Ceramic coating question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

So last week I decided to dabble into ceramic coatings. I opted for auto finesse’ caramic paintwork protection as it seemed easy to use and a good introduction to ceramic coatings and then opt for a more focused product next time.

So anyway, I washed the rs today and for the most part very impressed with how well the coating works all considered. However the bonnet does seem to have applied quite as well as the rest of the car since the bonnet was in sun light due to the way the sun shines over the top of the house, I know my bad.

So my question is can I simply apply another coating over the bonnet since I have wipes left in the kit. Or will that have a negative effect.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I don’t think its a good idea to apply more, depending on what stuff you have applied , it may need to be wet sanded off and then machine polished and start again. I’d ask one of those youtubers who do it or maybe the manufacturer or seller of your product.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

Its not that is cured with streaks or anything on it, just while washing even the bubbles/soap was running straight off the car. And the shine over the whole car including the bonnet is brilliant.  Just the water/soap didn’t seem to run off the bonnet as quickly as the rest of the car.  The kit has sachets sealed in pouches which are pre soaked in the product so makes application easy. Like you say would be best to consult the manufacturer.  Didn’t think of that to be honest ?

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

i think you are better putting a LSP / finishing product on. Something like Gtecnhiq EXO or the equivalent from your brand

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ceramic coating question. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!