Ceramic coating, yes or no?

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing Ceramic coating, yes or no?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Cheers Brembo.

As you can see it had been raining just before that photo with water sheeting off the rear screen but absolutely no water on the paint. It just falls off.

The only place I get build up is on the roof which is wrapped and that bloody ledge on top of the rear bumper.

Julian Wright
    Participant

UK - England

Fantastic advice from all again. I’m going to look into this in more detail when I’m home next week. Thanks again all

sophie Red
    Participant

Australia

I will agree about Ceramic coating, I’ve used it several times. Also here in our area mostly using it just to make their valuable things looks new every time. And it was proven already by our dealer by the detailing shop.👍

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@sophie red, hi and welcome always good to have someone from the opposite side of the world on here. What’s your RS if you have one, any pics to share please if you have one 👍

Honorary Member

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

My car had a full ppf and ceramic coating done when I bought it, it hoses clean and is always gleaming, previous owner spent 5k !!! Crazy money, I wouldn’t have spent that much but I’m glad it was already done, car looks like new

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Gordon RS
    Participant

UK - England

Just seen this topic I had my mk3.5ST ceramic coated from new ,paint,wheels,glass inside and out,full interior and the calipers cost me £1000 but was money well spent as it was my daily and over 2 1/2 years not a mark on the paint,that’s doing 10000 miles a year ,definitely recommend it

sunbeam83
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Got to agree with GM Meguiars ceramic wax lasts for months  and the finish is like glass

sunbeam83
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Lotus sunbeam<!–more–>one for Bda ford eater Lol   Meguiars ceramic wax

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

@sunbeam83 love the car mate, cousin had a black one in car conversions mag years ago, nice one for preserving a piece of our history 👍

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I see that Autoglym have brought out a new ‘ceramic’ coating. I have a pack but yet to apply it. I’ll let you know how that goes.</p>

NB FPM375

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Well, after 2 days of neighbours thinking I’m mad, I finally finished the ceramic coating. First impressions of the Autoglym stuff is that it really does make the paintwork pop (especially on the NB). My Mrs came out and said she noticed the fleck much more. I think the coating gives a ‘wet’ look. If anyone is going to use it, don’t do what I did and ignore the instructions on ‘do not apply in direct sunlight’!  Application only takes a couple of hours but it took 2 days to wash, decontaminate, clay, polish, then apply.

NB FPM375

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

@Stu-c. Please pop up a few pictures.

How easy was the ceramic coating to apply? Watched various videos and I am still undecided on if I am going to give this a go myself

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Ukjon
    Participant

United Kingdom

Try this, is about as easy as it gets.

Regards

Ukjon
    Participant

United Kingdom

and don’t forget Graphene – although is still early days………

Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ceramic coating, yes or no?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!