Ceramic coating, yes or no?

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing Ceramic coating, yes or no?

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

@turbo-tone

Like a lot of things in life, it’s all about the preparation. It took a good day and a half to get the car ready for application. To be honest, the easiest bit was the ceramic coat. The Autoglym pack comes with a pre-treatment to remove other surface waxes etc then the ceramic is applied with a very good sponge style applicator. You just apply, wait for a bead to form (about 3 or 4 mins) then buff off. It takes some serious buffing but you get all the microfiber cloths. Photos don’t really do the finish justice. The paint looks kind of wet and the metallic fleck absolutely jumps out from every angle in the sun. It’s the best coating I have applied.

NB FPM375

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Heres one I took at work but like I said you really don’t get how good it looks. Note the ‘wet’ look on the rear spoiler?

NB FPM375

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by stu-c.

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

I’m sure this may pop up twice as I lost the photo.

Some detailing gurus say that a true ceramic has to be sold in glass bottles and contain a certain percentage of ceramic elements. Not sure Autoglym ticks all those boxes?

NB FPM375

Pauly Paul
    Participant

I used the dame stuff lovely jubilee 

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Bloody pre  text I meant same stuff 👍👍

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Here’s the best one I could get. No photoshopping here. Ignore the feather in the middle of the screen!

NB FPM375

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Just in case you read this thread, don’t try and hit ‘Play’ on the feather! 😉</p>

NB FPM375

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

LOL!

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@stu-c

Evening mate..!! 👍.

PMSFL…. 😂🤣😂🤣..!!

I can’t see this feather..?? 🧐🧐. Lol..!!

You’re RS looks MINT pal!! 👍👍. Such a pity we have to downsize all our Pics now though??!!!!!!! 🤯😫.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by brembo.

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers Brembo,

Yeah, the low res doesn’t help too much. Heres the feather!

You take care tomorrow….

NB FPM375

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Could of been worse m8 I take feather over bird s””t any day 😂😂 take  Care , cars  looking  great in the sun , like you say when the sun hits it right the car just fab

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ceramic coating, yes or no?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!