CHEAP OIL AT TESCO!!

Home Forums Performance Engine CHEAP OIL AT TESCO!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Afternoon all!!

Just been in Tesco and found our Castrol 0W-40 at a seriously discounted price!! Usually £15 down to £3:56 a litre!! There was only 1 left on the shelf but I took it anyway, handy to keep in the boot!!
    I buy my oil in bulk from Opie Oils and it works out about £6 ish a litre. Anyway, got a 10p off a litre of fuel voucher at the till when paying for my shopping, which was handy coz my tank was nearly empty. So to redeem the voucher I had to go into the petrol station kiosk and found a heap more litre containers of the 0W-40, bought another six. So I’ll get my next oil change for roughly £21 plus a tenner for the filter!! Magic…. ??.

So saved on my fuel and on the oil!! Love a good deal!! Be worth checking out your local Tesco for any of you lads that change your own oil or supply your own oil at service time…. You’ll save a fortune, garages are such a rip off when it comes to oil!! They wanted £329 to do my 2nd service and when I told them I change my own oil I was only charged £75!! ????.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I am off to Tesco now.

Coastliner

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Bloody good that. I doubt its nationwide though.  Might try my local tomorrow.

440bhp

443lbft

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

that is really a good price.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

good find brembo ? Im usually the nutter with loads of 5w 30 or 0w 40 castrol from tesco or asda ?

jb
    Participant

UK - England

was it in the petrol station or the main store?

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

Any 10/60 ?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@jb

Evening mate!! It was in the main store AND in the Petrol station. Got the last one off the shelf in the shop but there were loads more in the Petrol station shop. It said “reduced to clear”, not sure if it’s being replaced with something new or just old stock?! Fully Synthetic Oil has a shelf life of 5 years plus. The manufacturing date on these was 2017 so at least 3 years still to go. ?.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@jonyboy

Not sure mate, but it was all grades of Castrol reduced.

Cheers, Marc.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to CHEAP OIL AT TESCO!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!