Check tyre pressure message

Home Forums Styling Wheels Check tyre pressure message

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Justcos
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Having an issue with the message of check tyre pressure. I’ve checked all pressures they are fine I’ve also gone into the dash menu to actually set the pressures a few Times and still get the warning come up on the dash. Any idea what is going on? Thanks In advance 😁

2017 nitrous blue

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

maybe the tpms sensor in  a wheel (s) need replacing? I guess they are battery powered, so how long do they last?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda is 100% correct. The batteries in the TMPS sensors do go flat and cause the very issues you are describing. I had to change two of mine over the 3 years I had the car.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

Justcos
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Ok guys thanks for replying what options do I have with regards to replacing these? I’d rather just change all four at the same time. Is this something that only ford can do or can I buy them and get a garage to do it?

2017 nitrous blue

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

I would get Ford to do it as they then have to sync them to the car.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

Justcos
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I’ve phone my local ford service department to ask about replacing valves and was told it’s only a faulty valve if the warning light is flashing and if it’s on constant which mine is it’s a soft tyre. I’ll need to check them all again tonight 🙄

2017 nitrous blue

Justcos
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Interesting video on how this guy tuned his tpms sensors to car. Watch from 11.30 if interested

2017 nitrous blue

Justcos
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Checked my tires tonight and one of them was down to 20psi 🙄 I have blown it up and the warning light has gone out. The valve cap was very loose which makes me suspicious that someone has been having a laugh 😂 I’ll keep an eye on it for now. Thanks for all the replies 👍🏻

2017 nitrous blue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Check tyre pressure message. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!