Chime when changing lanes

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hyrule
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve had my RS for 5 days now, and I noticed on the motorway, when indicating, then changing lanes, a chime is emitted from the car.

Does anyone know if this is some sort of lane monitoring system or something?

71-bda
    71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

99% sure its not even available deep in the settings menu. Are you sure its not a speed limit gong that maybe the previous owner set up? Pretty sure that on Fords with the lane departure warning you only got a light flashing on the instrument cluster and the steering wheel would judder a bit to wake you up !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Hyrule
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda I didn’t even know that was a thing. I only noticed it on the M23, the stretch I drive on is limited to 50mph due to smart motorways.

It’s a small audible chime. I’ll have a look in the settings, I’ve been reading the manual, seems to be a lot of things you can set on this car I’m just discovering 🙂

bob-the-bandit
    Participant

UK - England

Is it not warning you of speed cameras?  Mind does it when i get near the fixed camera where i live?

71-bda
    71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

bob, don’t you have to have a destination set in the nav for that to work?

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve got Sync2 and I get an Audio message saying CAUTION without the sat nav on.

71-bda
    71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yes, actually thinking about it, I do too! but its in one ear and out the other with not much inbetween slowing it down !!!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Hyrule
    Participant

UK - England

No def not speed cam notification as my dash cam does that. I’ll have a thorough look through the settings at the weekend.

It’s probably some option I’m missing. Nothing alarming, just curious.

bobcat
    bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

71-bda
    71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

interesting Bob. Wonder if the first owner set up a speed limit on the ‘my key’ ( spare key?) and if hyrule should try using the other fob?

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

bobcat
    bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@bda, yes I think he should give it a go, nothing ventured nothing gained 👍

bob-the-bandit
    Participant

UK - England

My sat nave leaps and put a warning triangle on my map even if i don’t have a destination inputted…. i think

Hyrule
    Participant

UK - England

Think I figured it out, I’ll test tomorrow on the M25, but I’m sure it’s the Thinkware dash cam, as it has a lane departure warning which might be causing the chimes. It’s quite chatty with the speed cam warnings 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login or register below to contribute to Chime when changing lanes. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!