Chime when changing lanes

Home Forums Performance General Chime when changing lanes

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hyrule
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve had my RS for 5 days now, and I noticed on the motorway, when indicating, then changing lanes, a chime is emitted from the car.

Does anyone know if this is some sort of lane monitoring system or something?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

99% sure its not even available deep in the settings menu. Are you sure its not a speed limit gong that maybe the previous owner set up? Pretty sure that on Fords with the lane departure warning you only got a light flashing on the instrument cluster and the steering wheel would judder a bit to wake you up !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Hyrule
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda I didn’t even know that was a thing. I only noticed it on the M23, the stretch I drive on is limited to 50mph due to smart motorways.

It’s a small audible chime. I’ll have a look in the settings, I’ve been reading the manual, seems to be a lot of things you can set on this car I’m just discovering 🙂

bob-the-bandit
    Participant

UK - England

Is it not warning you of speed cameras?  Mind does it when i get near the fixed camera where i live?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

bob, don’t you have to have a destination set in the nav for that to work?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve got Sync2 and I get an Audio message saying CAUTION without the sat nav on.

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yes, actually thinking about it, I do too! but its in one ear and out the other with not much inbetween slowing it down !!!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Hyrule
    Participant

UK - England

No def not speed cam notification as my dash cam does that. I’ll have a thorough look through the settings at the weekend.

It’s probably some option I’m missing. Nothing alarming, just curious.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

interesting Bob. Wonder if the first owner set up a speed limit on the ‘my key’ ( spare key?) and if hyrule should try using the other fob?

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@bda, yes I think he should give it a go, nothing ventured nothing gained ?

Honorary Member

bob-the-bandit
    Participant

UK - England

My sat nave leaps and put a warning triangle on my map even if i don’t have a destination inputted…. i think

Hyrule
    Participant

UK - England

Think I figured it out, I’ll test tomorrow on the M25, but I’m sure it’s the Thinkware dash cam, as it has a lane departure warning which might be causing the chimes. It’s quite chatty with the speed cam warnings 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Chime when changing lanes. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!