Clifford Concept 650 vs Autowatch Ghost

Home Forums Technology Security Clifford Concept 650 vs Autowatch Ghost

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

a-dandy-scot
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hello everyone, I am considering one of these but I would like to know if anyone had any reasons to prefer one over the other?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I’d go for the Clifford as theirs apparently a paper clip Ghost work around …

Read the following link:

https://www.focusrsoc.com/forums/topic/370477-paperclip/#entry6772333

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Peewee12
    Participant

UK - England

I have been debating on which of these to go for.

I have ended up going for the Clifford.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Im a ghost user as are many others. Whats this paperclip business? Should we be worried?

440bhp

443lbft

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

Smoke and mirrors I reckon. Pay no attention! Car thieves will put stuff like that out to make their activities easier.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@white, can’t open the link, haven’t got permission.

I’ll stick with Ghost.

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Same here not allowed access to the link.

Coastliner

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

The Fiesta owners decided to come onto various RS owners clubs on Facebook with one agenda – to attack all aspects of Ghost while at the same time promoting the Clifford …yadayadayada.  I’ll reiterate what I told said Fiesta boys…until a MK3 RS with Ghost installed is stolen then all the comments and accusations mean absolutely jack shit, a product is only as good as its installer and the man for Ghost is Chris Preston.  I’m sure if Chris (who helps with the constant development of Ghost) alongside Autowatch, had any worries over its integrity then he would do something and take action after all its his reputation on the line and when you mention Ghost then 99% of the time his name comes up at the same time…

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Sounds like they need………   ??

Honorary Member

a-dandy-scot
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@PeeWee12 Yeah I have been slightly swaying toward Clifford, though from the replies it seems like both are good options. I was just wondering what maybe pushed people from one to the other?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@RS-Jon

If this is a deliberate smear campaign from the House wife’s top choice of car the Fiesta owners ?? To place doubt into people’s minds, of people who where set on purchasing a Ghost then don’t and subsequently have a car stolen they are co conspirators with the actual thieves  in the act of theft and are simply just low life shits…………

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Zombi2
    Participant

UK - England

1. I’ve had the ghost fitted since I bought the RS. No issues whatsoever. More than happy and puts my wandering mind at rest. Disklok as well. There seems to be a few issues with the Clifford 650 sometimes. I’d go down the Ghost route if I were you. Like RS-JON says, never heard of an RS going missing fitted with Ghost

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

@white-rs2 – I just dont understand why a load of Fiesta owning shitheads would suddenly converge on an RS Owners group and start slating a product that 99.9% of RS owners are perfectly happy with.  Chris Preston has his own theories as to why and that being that they are being put up to it by a Clifford installer amongst their ranks who doesnt like the fact Ghost is our weapon of choice…

Quite pathetic in all honesty when the facts are there that NO MK3 RS has had Ghost compromised and stolen via that method…

a-dandy-scot
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Thank you for the replies everyone, I feel I am in a much better place to make a decision on this 🙂

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Well I just had a another ghost fitted to another car, Z4, obviously by Chris Preston, top guy, came to my house to fit.

Confirmed it was smear campaign. Oh no relay used in my install, this was a ghost 2,  neither did my Ghost 1 on the RS have a relay.

As in all areas of life we have some that bodge work and don’t understand what there doing or care.

Chris is the opposite, a real expert in his area of automotive electronics and software, a huge wealth of knowledge and experience and dam nice chap as well.  He co developed and continues to the application off Ghost in various unique and bespoke cars and customers.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Clifford Concept 650 vs Autowatch Ghost. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!