Clutch pedal sticking down

Home Forums General Newbie Clutch pedal sticking down

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

carober
    Participant

UK - England

Hi All,

firstly thanks for letting me join your club.

i have a few quick cars but after collecting my new 66 reg nitrous blue RS, this beats them all.

done 300 miles now and impressed by them all. However when out in it today giving it a wee bit boot the clutch pedal stuck to the floor…. I had to knock into neutral and manually lift it up with my hand…. anyone any ideas what’s wrong. Car drives ok now.

cheers

craig

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

heard it happen on a few, i think the clutch master cylinder seal on the end of the piston inside distorts a little at the end of pedal travel and then lets the fluid past the seal and the pedal stays down, I think i’m going to put a fat carpet mat under my clutch pedal to stop me putting the clutch down TOO far ( not that that should be possible/or even a problem though) or it may be a dodgy batch of m/cyls.. Id go and mention it to the dealer anyway.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Leisa Dabrowiecki
    Participant

Australia

Happened today and you Must report this to Ford, they need to hear of this issue to collate whether this is a fault..

The problem is the clutch pedal springs and to warranty a new pedal it must be deemed as a fault

Service guy said he’d heard of it before and although it’s an easy fix ( lift up by hand ) the springs are not properly suited.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ leisa , I do not think it is a problem that the spring is too weak to lift the pedal up,I think they have been changing the odd pedal assembly because they were unable to stop them squeaking ! some early cars had the pedal sticking down  and was cured with a new clutch master cylinder. I had the same problem with a few Volvo S60 D5 manuals doing the same thing a few years back.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

RossPeat
    Participant

UK - Scotland

its the clutch master cylinder. Happened to me (66 plate 4k miles) i went into ford i explained what happened and showed a video. Mines has been fine since.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Leisa,

Nice to have you on board and happy motoring in the RS

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome to the forum Craig

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Clutch pedal sticking down. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!