Clutch slip!!!

Home Forums Performance Transmission Clutch slip!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

M9TST
    Participant

United Kingdom

So tonight I pulled away from a set of lights under full throttle, no launch control. And found that the car had a lot of clutch slip and also the clutch pedal stayed to the floor for maybe a second. Has this happened to anyone? And if so what have ford said or done?

Thanks

bigknd
    Participant

United Kingdom

A few people have had this, basically you will need to get the Clutch master cylinder rubber changed as it folds over on itself allowing the clutch pedal to go to the floor. Apparently it’s a common occurrence across the Focus range. Get it booked in asap before it totally fails or it’s an AA breakdown job 😉

RSJAY73
    Participant

UK - England

I had this happen yesterday, best get it booked in.

Nickgowan
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Mine has failed now at 8k ?

thommo141
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Is this done under warranty? As my 17plate Rs is doing this

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yep. warranty job

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

Does anyone know if the clutch pedal is adustable as mine sits 3/4 inch higher than the brake pedal ,bit annoying as you have to lift foot from the dead pedal up to the clutch-anyone else have this.

Former RS Edition owner

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Im in the clutch stuck down club also! ?

Not used the car for 2 week, thought id better take it out for a quick run. Slow moving traffic up hill then clutch stayed down ? managed to lift with my foot and continue fine but strange? Feels fine now?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Gareth, just get it in to the dealers, they will stick a new clutch master cyl on it for you and possibly a new clutch pedal if they are really cautious!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

? Only issue i have is getting ford interested round here, in warranty work.. ones that are interested cause more damage to other items ☹️

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by GM.

Fleggy
    Participant

UK - England

Ive had this issue and up to now all Ford have done is bleed the system. It took 3 visits just to get that done. It hasn’t done it since though so hopefully that has fixed it.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

fleggy I believe the problem is caused by the rubber seal on the piston in the clutch master cylinder getting distorted at full travel in its bore ie when you have your foot right down as far as it goes. Maybe a thick floor mat stops some owners from pushing the pedal right down to the stop and do not have this issue? I’ve never had the problem and I have one of those big thick fat floor liners in the foot well !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Speaking to my mate who is like Mr Ford and has been for years, he had the same issue with a Mond ST on the same hill near me.. Thinking about it with the traffic i had to do about 15 hill starts. He said his did the same when in the same situation…

Car drove perfect today.

Could it be the clutch doesn’t like heat, like the engine ?

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@GM: I observed it about two years ago in mine, slow moving uphill as you said. Talked to the master mechanic. He confirmed the rubber seal could reverse and stick. But then, once doesn’t count and we left it as it was. It never happened again in 90,000 miles. As bda suggested a small gap from pedal to floor might do the trick. I have my seating position set such that the pedal doesn’t touch the floor when the left leg is extended. Helps also for a faster gear change since only a fraction of the swing is used. So don’t worry and drive that bloody beast 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I first experienced the “clutch pedal stuck down on floor” phenomenon years ago at Blackbushe auction while checking over a Volvo S60 D5 diesel waiting in line to go through the hall. I lifted it up and it worked fine. I bought the car and before I sold it on a warning message came up which turned out to be “clutch position sensor” if my memory serves me right I changed the master cyl and the sensor and all was good!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Clutch slip!!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!