Clutch smell

Home Forums Performance Transmission Clutch smell

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rs-jam
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all,

I’ve only had the car for a couple of weeks and noticed that when I’ve had a good run in it and revving it high that when I’ve parked up I can smell a bit of a burning smell under the bonnet.

The same goes when I’ve tried out the launch control.

Is this normal or should I get this checked out

Its 23000 miles.

Thanks in advanced .

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

well, if doing a launch can be described as normal for a clutch, then its normal for it to smell a bit after ! Imagine doing 5000rpm and dumping the clutch with all wheel drive and grippy tyres, that clutch basically tries to stop the engine turning over ( as the centre plate is doing 0 rpm ) connected to the wheels, its being asked a hell of a lot of and won’t be happening in my car at any time ! Doing it in the wet or on a bit of soil would be less stressfull!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@rs jam

I think you have your answer, the launch process is not forgiving to the drivetrain. If you do it be prepared to be changing the clutch periodically.

Coastliner

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

disagree – launching properly doesnt leave clutch smells (if you ping the clutch like supposed to).

If you try an aggressive get away with the clutch, then yes.

It should not smell – get it checked for oil leaks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Clutch smell. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!