COBB ACCESSPORT POWER READINGS!!

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU COBB ACCESSPORT POWER READINGS!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Afternoon all!!

Has anybody who uses a COBB ACCESSPORT also Dyno’ed their RS?? I’m miles away from anywhere I can Dyno my car. I just wondered how accurate the Power readings (BHP and Torque) on the COBB ACCESSPORT V3 were. I’ve heard on the V3 they are pretty accurate for a power reading at the Crank and also how much do you deduct for Drivetrain loss?? Is it approx 15%?? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Power train losses are about bob on ? for FWD

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

This was my reading I did a while back Litchfield stage 1 , hard pipes , mountune intake , v3 exhaust , mishimoto intercooler ………bit optimistic ?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@robroy

Evening mate!! I wouldn’t say that was optimistic, remember that’s at the Crank so you’d need to decuct approx 15% I think?? And I know this doesn’t compare to a real Dyno before anyone starts going off on one, but from what I’ve read they are very close. So to me your Torque looks good, about 393 ft/lbs which is 532 Nm. BHP would be 360 which is maybe down slightly on the predicted 385 but it depends how you were driving, did you absolutely gun it to the Redline?? Makes a big difference.

I was out this afternoon with the COBB plugged in just monitoring different stuff, this was one of the data displays I took a pic of….

Boost pressure was slightly higher than gauge on the dash says, and slightly higher than I expected at 26 psi but that was peak boost. BHP minus 15% works out about 406 at wheels and Torque minus 15% is 443 ft/lbs or 600 Nm at wheels, I’m quite happy with that, my RS feels proper Torquey (if that’s a word, lol) anyway. This has just made me want to get it Dyno’ed for real now to see how close it is. You ever had yours Dyno’ed mate??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@hammy

Evening mate!! Can you recommend somewhere in Scotland to get my RS Dyno’ed?? There’s nowhere up where I live that does anything like that.

Cheers, Marc.

Mok1st
    Participant

Denmark

I am confused now. Is the litchfield hp ratings in whp?

s66anb
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I still for the life of me can’t find the settings on my accessport to monitor bhp. I’ll need to connect it to the laptop and see if it’s needing an update

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@mok1st

Morning mate!! I’ve know idea, companies don’t usually give their power outputs in WHP. And I’ve know idea how accurate the COBB ACCESSPORT V3 actually is, I’ve only read on another forum that it’s pretty accurate, hence I’d like to get my RS Dyno’ed to find out. But the readings I was getting when converted to WHP were pretty bloody good!! I’m not an expert in this field by the way. I calculated the readings by subtracting 15%, which I know is kinda guessing again, I also used a Crankshaft to Wheel Horsepower calculator I found on the internet, inputting AWD into the criteria. Came out around 400 WHP.

@s66anb

Morning mate!! If you go to your data display on the COBB, I use the 6 gauge screen as pictured above, then highlight the gauge you want use with the up and down buttons and click on it, then just scroll down through the data list and click on “estimated horsepower”, that will then be selected for the gauge you chose, then do the same for Torque. Then take the RS for a blast and you can monitor the gauges live, each gauge also stores the Minimum and Maximum reading for each during that ignition cycle, so don’t turn off your Engine til you’ve had a look or it will reset. Hope that helps.

Cheers, Marc.

Mok1st
    Participant

Denmark

Hey Marc,

I just had a look at Litchfields website they clearly wright their figures in bhp which is measured at the flywheel. So if your COBB reading is accurate, then you’re running way more than what Litchfield say their stage 2 will produce.

I guess what i’m trying to say is i don’t think your COBB’s power reading is correct.

But if i’m wrong then that’s just freakin awesome.  ? ?<!–more–><!–more–><!–more–>

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@mok1st

Evening mate!! I totally agree, I know that Litchfield’s Stage 2 should be 410 BHP and 410 Ft/lbs Torque. And that’s at the Crank, which would equate to approx 360 WHP. That’s why I was trying to find out if anyone has actually had their RS on a Dyno and who also uses the COBB ACCESSPORT V3.

I’d be more than happy if my RS was making the figures quoted by the Tuner, in this case Litchfield, plus if my car is making power close to my calculations then I’m going to have to have a think about the Engine Internals, specifically the Open Deck Block!! I might be on the conservative side but I wanted a Norris Designs Block Brace fitted when my Head Gasket Recall was done but the Dealership wouldn’t do it.

I personally think that the COBB readings must be off, although I will say that my RS does pull like a F**KEN train, especially just now when the outside air temp where I live has been between -4’C and +2’C lately, also the day I took this the roads were nice and dry, the RS was flying mate!! ?????????. Also, I do drive my car hard, CONSTANTLY!! There’s nothing gets in my way up where I live, it’s just flat out all the time and the car does seem to be getting faster and faster over time?? I know that sounds mental but that’s how it feels mate!!

Anyhoo, I really need to get it Dyno’ed so I know for sure!!

What are you running?? Are you using a COBB mate?? Thanks for your correspondence.

Cheers, Marc.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

I think your getting confused, the Lichfield figures on their website would be crank not whp , but what are the cobb figures whp or crank ……I’m confused now lol

Btw I might find out Saturday might be having a rr session if they can fit me in ?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@robroy

Evening mate!! Nah, I’m not getting confused, I was always under the assumption that figures were given at the Crank. What got me asking this was the readings from my COBB ACCESSPORT V3, they were way above what I expected, that’s why I had to ask this question.

I hope you get your RS on the Dyno on Saturday, I also wish I lived closer to somewhere that has a Dyno. Sorry, I’ll rephrase that, I wish there was a Dyno in my area, coz I’d rather have the roads I have around me and travel 4 hours to a Dyno than have a Dyno on my doorstep and have to travel 4 hours for the roads I’m blessed with!! Haha!! ???.

Let me know how you get on please mate?? What kinda Dyno is it and will your RS be getting done in Front Wheel Drive??

Also, I’ve just had a thought while writing this mate…. that’s “PEAK” readings we are seeing on our ACCESSPORT ‘s… an overall reading on a Dyno may well look very different??

Where’s @hammy when you need him??!!

Cheers, Marc.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Ive used one map from Litchfield and it pulled very very strongly much different than the FPM375. I’ve never heard of a bad word on their maps always been praised ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Mok1st
    Participant

Denmark

Marc,

I’m not running anything just yet. I bought my car mid December… But i’ve spend alot of time searching and investigating, so i know how to empty my wallet when i’m ready. I promissed my wife that we will redoo the garden (yeah i know),and after that I’ll go on making the RS-van faster.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

My graph from the handset is  showing 422/462 bhp but mines a stage 1 , not a stage 2 .

I’m very interested to see what it makes I reckon around 385/390 bhp

If will be at Surrey rolling road and I will post up after I have done unless it’s really s### ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to COBB ACCESSPORT POWER READINGS!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!