Come on then own up! ?

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Come on then own up! ?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

And I feel so guilty when ever I hit above the speed limit to follow the flow of traffic.

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

I did a track day at Gaydon in 2011 for the launch of the XK R S and we all had instructors sitting with us. Anyhow, I get to 156mph on the straight and the instructor tells me to start braking for a corner that seems about a 1/4 mile away. Then he starts raising his voice saying that I need to press the brake pedal harder and harder. Point being that unless your a race driver or have been trained in high speed driving then the world of speed reduction above normal/road motoring speeds is an alien place to most people. The classic danger is that people think they know what there doing.

Edition, FPM 375

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Bloody idiot, end of story.
    Idiots like this just add to the anti performance car lobbies argument.

Jail and lifetime ban, no if buts or sob stories in court.

May the Ford be with you

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

Definition of panic mode-when your approaching an island and the speedo still says 70 mph,He would have needed 1/4 mile to stop at that speed and new pants!.

gonna feel a right plonker when he,s cought and he will be as they will be checking number plate recognition cameras all over the place.

Former RS Edition owner

GrumpyPappa
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Any body driven on German autobarn?</p>
    That’s scary, normally only 2 lanes fast stuff doing 150 plus with slower cars and lorries able to pull out doing only 55 etc.

Only brave enough to do 130 ish had my boss / passenger changing his underwear several times going through Germany to poland , but average 80 with a ten min out stop .

Saw several close shaves, good job fast Audi and Porsches have good brakes.

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah, in my case I was the passenger and yes, I needed to change my pants. 2 lanes for most places and if a car pulls out to overtake and you are 100mph plus then it’s trouble.

NB FPM375

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Looks like he’s been done…. That the problem with the Audi’s to fast! ? If he’d been in an RS would of been done at a lower speed ?

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

I reckon it was Dominic Cummings testing his eyesight.

JohnD

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Could be pick and mix for charges on this, loads of options for this alleged incident.

Speeding- 130 mph over limit.

Dangerous driving.

Speed limiter removed, was insurance aware of this.

Tyres, only rated for vehicle with limiter fitted.

Fully expected to see some going down for this, And rightly so, anyone for a cheap Avant RS6

May the Ford be with you

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Come on then own up! ?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!