Come say hello…

Home Forums General Newbie Come say hello…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author

dannyt87
    Participant

UK - England

Hello to one and all…I’m Dan, 28 and live in Skelmersdale (near Liverpool)

I’m a Northern Lights Tour guide, (Aurora Service Tours, if anyone is looking for a Northern Lights Holiday) I live in Lapland for 5months of the year from November to March. I’m also a snowmobile guide up there too, which is bloody awesome.

I’m currently and owner of the GTC VXR…VXR’s get a bad rap, but I do love mine. I think they look fantastic too. The VXR, it’s just not engaging enough anymore for me. So I wanted a car with more character. Hence why I’ve gone for the RS. I’ve actually only had 2x cars in the UK and both were Vauxhall. So I’m changing alliances now! I knew from the moment I first saw the RS when it was revealed last year, I wanted it. I fell in love, especially with the original Liquid Blue Paint (I hate that Ford didn’t release that colour).

I only ordered mine a few days ago, I was given a delivery date for December, but as previously stated above, I’m not here. So I’ve asked Ford to delay my delivery date till the start of April. Spec – NB, NB callipers, Lux Pack, Black Alloys, Shell seats and Premium Sync 2! Actually unsure if I want to change to the Standard seats as I’ve read mixed reviews about the Shell seats on here and by journalists. (If anyone’s got them, let me know what you think)

One last thing, I don’t know if anyone watches Super Cars of London on YouTube?? (Cool car videos, so check him out)..If you do/don’t Paul Wallace who runs the channel will have an RS for 6days next week, so he’ll be doing a video about it. So at some point in the next 2weeks have a look on his channel for the video or videos of the RS!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome !  …. to the club of waiters.  ( all waiting for our cars!) should liven up soon..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

dentaid
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi all, just want to say a quick hello, I’ve been lucky enough to of had my car for 6 weeks now and got to say I’m still grinning like a kid every time I open the garage door. I went for blue, shell seats, lux pack, nav and standard wheels. Got it from Bristol st Brum, they were great, every time I went in there they had loads of them lined up ready to go, it looked so cool.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome !  Lucky boy ! lets see some pics !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Sounds like a ‘cool’ job Daniel. Least when you are back you have plenty of time to enjoy the car.

Thanks for the heads up on Paul Wallace, I see Shmee had one aswell – Shmee150 buying a Mk3 Focus RS

Samrmac
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi, my name is Sam and I stay in sunny Glasgow, I ordered my RS in Feb this year ( hopefully get it before xmas ) shadow black, lux pack, black alloys, painted callipers, door edge protectors and SYNC2. This will be my first RS but I did have an ST for a while. At the moment I have a Astra vxr but I can hardly contain myself waiting for my new baby

DarkMix
    Participant

Belgium

Hi there! My name is kenny, and im from belgium. 22 years old and currently waiting on my delivery of the RS, ordered mine in white on the forged rims.. ?

My ford history started with a 2011 fiesta R2 sport,

then bought a 2014 fiesta ST,

after that i bought the focus ST 3,5( which im driving now)

and i ordered my RS at the beginning of februari. My build month should be august if nothing changes.

Grtz kenny.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome, and well done, I’m  waiting for a white one too, with a roof and forged rims but std seats exactly same as this one..

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

scottlpool
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi everyone I’m scott from Cheshire .

I currently have an ST this is my 3rd one. I work for JLR building cars . I am ordering my RS this summer so i have another 12mths to wait . I drove it couple of weeks back and I was amazed absolutely love it . Couple of my friends in work have theirs coming end of June and I wish I would have jumped on board with the first build ! Great forum guys and great to hear and see RS lovers across the country and further afield 🙂

jmartin
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Kenny. I’m from Surrey. Just picked up my RS yesterday. NB with all the extras apart from a sunroof! Also own a new model M3 and Fiesta ST which I have at Mountune for the MR230 package. The RS is great. Straight line is, of course, not as quick as the M3 but I reckon handles a lot better.

I have noticed the comments on steering action issues. Must admit though I have not noticed anything. Tyres though did come over inflated and have adjusted to the recommended pressures.

One quick comment – Today I noticed that there was a black pad covering approx 1/5 of the intercooler. Not sure if anyone else has had this. I just assume it was missed in inspection/PDI and not removed.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Nice. Epsomford?   I know that they had or have a blanking bit over part as in testing ford found the intercooler was getting so cold it was getting condensation inside!! must have been during winter testing somewhere I guess? I would have thought the engine needs as much help from the intercooler as possible in our hot sunny balmy lovely all year round climate..

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

dannyt87
    Participant

UK - England

All the RS’s have a blanket plate…I believe from watching Ford’s production videos on YouTube, the intercooler was creating to much cold air, so causing condensation build up! The intercooler was tested in the Arctic and in Arizona, both still caused to much build up! The blanket plate is off a ford transit van haha!

jmartin
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Mike and Daniel! Considering getting the car wrapped, but only with a clear film. I don’t want to change the colour, but understand this significantly protects against stone chips etc. Any thoughts on this would be great? Anywhere around Surrey that might do this?

GrahamH
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Graham from Guildford.
    Work for one of the F1 teams as a designer.
    I used to have a mk2 RS Mexico back in the day and then a group 4 mk2 with a 2.0 bdg. My pride and joy and so wish I had not sold it, one of my greatest regrets. I went away from Fords and been through VW , Porsche , Lotus and now finally back to my roots with ford again. The new RS takes me back to the good old days for some reason. Ordered white, like my old Mexico , buckets and all options Barr the roof and city stop.
    Popped over to Guildford Ford today as they had a white one just delivered. Wanted to double check i had made the right colour choice. Got taken into the locked compound and there she was parked behind a batch of mustangs. White looked spot on for me. Tired to coax this one of the sales girls hands but she would not give in. Got to wait the year! Arrgg! Still got enough on to keep me busy with a garage refit and another car project.
    Anyone gone for the cup tyres? Would be great but I don’t think they would last just 3k miles.
    I also asked about availability of winter tyres , as wheels and tyres are available as an option in the USA and Canada. No European option yet I’m told. not that you really need them in the UK. Don’t fancy using the RS in the winter but then that’s what it’s made for with 4wd.
    Cheers.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Hi Graham, as a huge F1 fan it is great to have another F1 worker as we have a McLaren employee aswell.

Shame the dealer didn’t take take bribes to get your quicker. Yes the UK never got the Cup or Winter tyre option. Some might opt for the Cup tyres when it is time to change their tyres but probably not worth the outlay until then.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Come say hello…. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!