Coolant too hot dtc code PO217

Home Forums Performance Cooling Coolant too hot dtc code PO217

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

I got a 30 sec power drop recently

looks like this was a coolant Problem.  maybe I just touched the temperature limit

anyone else had this and suggestions Please

maybe change the fluid ?
    I don’t really want a bigger radiator

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Doesn’t sound right especially this time of year, what was you doing to get temp high?

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

As @1234enough indicated, what was the condition?

Air in the cooling system or stuck thermostat?

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@kr1s: I experienced this behaviour only on track in the afternoon sessions. Feels like a hard rev limiter engaging. However, the oil temperature on the dash gauge showed above 120 °C, so pretty hot indeed. Sometimes this power drop occured during hard driving on Alpine roads, too, above 1500 metres altitude. I don’t really know what it is. Some say it might be the hot ignition distributor, some say it is a temp safety setting in the Revo map or in the rear differential box. Hope you find out and report back. Cheers

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Just reporting back.
    standard car but I’d tried a map using ecutek system which had caused this fault code and other issues. I didn’t want to chase around seeking solutions so I had the map removed. I got a full refund so can’t complain.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Coolant too hot dtc code PO217. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!