Dab

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

mark-wilde
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve had a shark fin aerial from Paintmodz on mine for nearly 3 years and it’s been fine until now when it’s started loosing DAB reception, I’ve read on another post it could be the GPS that also does the Sat Nav does anyone know which it could be.

SHES A NICE UN.

mark-wilde
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve now changed the shark fin back to the oe aerial and the dab is still dropping out.

SHES A NICE UN.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Have a read here it might help

https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/help-guides/dab/troubleshooting-dab-reception

Honorary Member

mark-wilde
    Participant

UK - England

I probably need do a total re scan of the dab radio if it can be done I can only remember how to do the ensemble + – thing not sure if that’s a re scan or just tune a station in?

SHES A NICE UN.

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Glad to hear the shark fin been fine to date, I went with Ford sport Ariel and pants. Is the shark fin easy to fit?

mark-wilde
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah very easy I just marked where I wanted it with masking tape before I stuck it down.

SHES A NICE UN.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

I tried the Ford Sport ariel and reception was poor especially DAB. I’m in the Surrey area. Went back to OEM ariel and its fine. Haven’t used the shark fin as my experience with the Ford Sport ariel has made me a little sceptical tbh.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Don’t go for the richbrook short ariel. Hasn’t even lasted a year

440bhp

443lbft

Pauly Paul
    Participant

If it helps mark ,when I put mine on I replaced my crews with brass ones and reception great

Pauly Paul
    Participant

That’s the inner workings of the Finn areal I mean 👍👍

Pauly Paul
    Participant

As mark says easy to fit if you have access to power , a light blast from air dryer to soften seal gives a better bond, hope helps 👍👍

daddy999
    Participant

UK - England

My DAB on sync 3 keeps dropping out. Phoned the dealership to enquire about a service and mentioned this issue. Fobbed off with there are reservoirs in the area I live, yet I drive nowhere near them. What issue is it and what can I dump in the service guys lap to sort it out. I also get a sharp signal when the DAB is working then it dulls slightly then comes back. Can anyone here confirm it’s an issue Ford can fix or will they continue to give out bollox about reception.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Dab. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!