Damage Repair

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing Damage Repair

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Ashfotim
    Participant

UK - England

Hi,

my Nitrous Blue RS was damaged recently by a wayward brick falling from a skip. It’s left a smallish, but deep, dent from the point impact and also a long painful scratch in the paint as the brick slid down the drivers door. Question is, will this be an easyish repair, and can anyone recommend a reputable repairer in the North London area?  Prepared to travel a reasonable distance to somewhere good!

Thanks,

Tim

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

I know a good guy in the Walthamstow area that does excellent private bodywork repairs. If you wish we could ask Kenny to send me your contact details so I can forward his number to you.

Ashfotim
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks, yes absolutely. How’s best to go about that? Or can you forward his details by reply?

Cheers,

Tim

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Got a picture you could post?

I have seen a few repairs on Nitrous Blue that have been great so can be done

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Send me an email kenny@mk3focusrs.club

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Kenny, just sent you an email with my body shop guys details to pass to Tim.

Ashfotim
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks gents – much appreciated.

Photos below of the damage:

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

What a shame, did you manage to get the drivers details?

Steve Owens
    Participant

UK - England

That’s the one reason I wouldn’t buy a blue one: looks nice (if you’re Graham Norton’s interior designer), but must be a pig to match. I’d buy a black one all day.

Ashfotim
    Participant

UK - England

Thankfully yes, they have agreed to pay for the repair, but was hoping I wouldn’t have to go down the route of a door respray.  Firstly because I don’t know how well it will blend in, but also because it may then need to involve their insurers and whole convoluted other avenue.

I was hoping a good quality repair from a trusted bodyshop would do the trick – going to call RS77’s man!

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Pleased you got his details, please keep us updated on your progress on the repairs. Everything crossed you get it sorted out satisfactorily.

I had a horrible paint fault on my NB RS from delivery, it was along the outside at the bottom of the passenger door. The garage got their paint chap to hand touch it in. You wouldn’t know it was there now, first class job. Hopefully you can get some sort of smart repair done.

Bruno Ferreira
    Participant

UK - England

How did you get on with the repairs on the door

Got a chip on a door and didn’t want to go down the route of a door respray.

<!–more–><!–more–>

Adam Dickson
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Tim, how did you get on with your repair for your NB RS? I now have a dent on two doors that now need repairing and keen to use an experienced repairer for the Focus RS.

boomboom
    Participant

UK - England

Hi gents  I’ve had Two dents repaired on my doors thanks to some careful drivers opening their doors , I took out the cosmetic Insurance when I bought the car and the company who repaired my dents were  called Dent Wizards , once the dents were  done I couldn’t see any sign of a dent .

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Damage Repair. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!