devil development big power kit

Home Forums Performance Engine devil development big power kit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

devil development have announced in  fast ford magazine 500 to 550 bhp package for the mk3 available soon, forged engine, precision turbo, block brace and stronger head bolts………..doesn’t say how much yet tho !!!!

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@robroy

Afternoon mate!! Yeah I saw this!! Not much info available at the moment, be interesting to see if it retains the original ECU and Intake manifold. I suspect it may require a Syvecs ECU, uprated Clutch, Injectors, Fuel Pump and possibly Intake Manifold. I’d estimate that even on a vehicle with an adequate uprated Intercooler and 3” Exhaust you’ll still be looking at £15,000 + for the 550 BHP!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

Hi Marc

Yeah reckon your right 15k minimum they quote that for the mk2 with similar power , bit out of my price range , then you feel you would need to uprate other parts too to handle it , be good fun tho !!!!

jonno71
    Participant

UK - England

Possibly a bit much if you still expect 60k miles out of it.

Driven fairly hard but with respect, I’d think it would be finished within 40k miles.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

See what I can find out 🙂

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Could be very Interesting this.

Let us all know what you find out Kenny ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@Kenny

This would be interesting to know , I think they build the 2.3 engines for some sort of race series

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Any one have more info on this ?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@Robroy

Devil Developments . They Confirmed on the phone the following-

Syvecs ECU, Mountune Inlet, fuel rail, second set of injectors, NX2 Precision Turbo, and Piper 285TBP cams 550-600. All finished off with a custom map.

Mountune USA couldn’t get the COBB device to work properly they then opted for Syvecs.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@ white-rs2

Did they say how much ?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

No mention of cost. But looking about

£3.8k Syvecs fitted,

Precision Turbo £2.4k + fitting,

Cam kit & Head Gasket £1.5k + fitting,

Injectors & fuel rail  £650 + fitting

Mountune Inlet £550 + fitting

They said the 550 – 600bhp is realistic, (as they have already done this) over the 500 – 520 of Mountune

If you go on the RS USA forum their are a lots of build FAILS using the COBB handset and all the really successful builds have used Syvecs, expensive but it works.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

so about £8900 plus labour, plus forging which I think is around £2600 from devils ……..basically a lot of money !!!!

and as longs as you have stage 2 hardware already !

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Tuning is no different now as it was 25 years ago in Turbo ECU’d cars.

First tune a map on a Cosworth YB £325 gave 280bhp. What’s 20 years ago with inflation £325 today ??

Next step was bigger injectors (greens), 3 bar MAP, T34/T35 turbo and another map.

Tuning. The first gains are always impressive for £ to bhp but after the first map, not so much; it’s a lot more ££ for a lot smaller bhp increment.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

paulg
    Participant

UK - England

@white-rs2 According to the Bank of England, £325 in 1999 is the equivalent of £553 today…

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetary-policy/inflation/inflation-calculator

Nitrous Blue FPM375, Milltek, DSC & TracTive, lots of Mountune bits

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by paulg.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers Paul G

So I guess in 1999 a T34/35 Turbo, a set of Green Injectors, a 3 Bar MAP, a new ECU Map and fitting £3100 in today’s money £5.5k  pretty much as today’s prices but on a 2ltr YB you’d get 350bhp. 100bhp than our Focus RS

The Devil Developments kit is available in part purchases, if yours Stage2 and Forged.

Step 1

SYVECS and with all the Stage2 hardware you’d have a solid 440bhp.

Step 2

Later when funds allow Fuel rail, injectors and the Cam kit 480bhp

Step 3

Finish off with the NX2 Turbo 550-600bhp

Each step would allow each and further improvements. Looks like a stage by stage Win Win ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to devil development big power kit. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!