Diamondbrite paint protection

Home Forums General Members’ Cars Diamondbrite paint protection

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

PHILOBX
    Participant

United Kingdom

Guys

getting my NB RS in a couple of weeks? After speaking to the dealer he meantioned about the paint protection

was wondering if anyone had got it done and how much they paid?

seen vids on YouTube and looks a great product.

TubsRs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

got  mine detailed by gordon muir in glasgow he had it for 4 days and put a coating on it cost was around £500 🙂

PHILOBX
    Participant

United Kingdom

Spoke to my supplying ford dealer today apparently it’s called smart guard paint protection starts from £299 which I thought was pretty good that’s in and out with a customer care kit. 4 year gaurentee on it aswell.

Definatly going to get it done , no waxing or polishing for the next 4years?

jmartin
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Phil

I have had Xpel ultimate on the front end applied. Very good product and gets very good reviews.

Not cheap though. Some dealers will quote you £1500-£2000. I had mine done from a good dealer in the Chester area for £1000.

Jeremy

djc1969
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I’ve had Diamondbrite on  a BMW in the past – it was ok.

i think the protection offered by modern ceramic coating is more durable and longer lasting.

My RS was done using Gyeon MOHS + and it looks amazing.

I think if you do that then for the best possible protection apply a PPF such as Xpel you will have done as much as you can – but you will be looking upwards of £1500 for both.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

@TubsRs – what exactly did Gordon do for you in the 4 days? Was that just exterior?

greg
    Participant

UK - Wales

I wouldn’t touch dealer prepped shit,(they’ll just throw the coating on unprepared paintwork),  get it done properly by a detailer, gtechniq black serum gets you 7 years protection/guarantee

TubsRs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

yeah it was just the exterior

to be honest i can’t remember what he did but he did a lovely job. well worth the money  his company name is define details its in cambuslang. nice guy really knows his stuff. he will also hold a class in detailing and what is the best practice and get the best finish 🙂

thepmp
    Participant

United Kingdom

It’s a load of tosh. Find a professional detailer and get it properly prepped and protected. You wont regret it

2016 | Frozen White | All Options (no sunroof)

rslucky
    Participant

UK - England

Agreed. Detailer is definitely the way forward. Then once done buy some speed detailer and a good wax to keep it topped up and it’ll stay looking great.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Diamondbrite paint protection. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!