Different car

Home Forums Performance Handling Different car

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Jayg
    Participant

UK - England

Hi you lovely lot just thought I would tell you all that I had 4 pilot 4s Fitted the other week as the car was ok but veered really badly which I thought was normal at the time šŸ˜•

so my mate told me about a high end laser level machine that a company in reading has and itā€™s for the high end cars but can do all cars and every car off the production line is out so I thought ok out my new tires on and do mine So took it down there and you drive on it 4 plugs go into the tires and pump them up to correct level and a big disc type thing goes on the wheel and a contraption on the steering wheel whilst the machine scans the car And it was miles out as he predicted…

now after having it done all I can say is WOW itā€™s changed the car totally smooth no more veering and an absolute pleasure to drive…..

I highly recommend getting this done most of you experts probably already have but Iā€™m just putting it out there for the novices like me šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜ŽšŸ˜Ž

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Im interested in this as im local to reading. Where abouts is it located and how much?

440bhp

443lbft

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Result then ! Can you show us the ‘before’ and ‘after’ printouts Jay?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Jayg
    Participant

UK - England

@mattb elite wheels and tires down Portman road mate price wise I donā€™t know as it was a package but honestly it has changed my car

@ 71-bda I will when home mate as have it and canā€™t really understand it but you might šŸ˜‚

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers jay il look them up. My car doesn’t really suffer from veering steering but judging by the wear on my tyres i need it looking at

440bhp

443lbft

Jayg
    Participant

UK - England

@MattB mine went down there for 2 new fronts mainly as had inner wear on the front 2 ford just said itā€™s normal so thatā€™s why I got my mate to put it on the machine obviously way to early to tell about that now as they new but they are spot on in-line and tracking wise now šŸ˜Ž

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

I did the alignment on mine yesterday & it was slightly out,ive tried posting pics but it doesn’t seem to work.

Andy.

Red Edition.

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

BeforeBefore

Andy.

Red Edition.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Tyrefitter.

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

After

Andy.

Red Edition.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

The hunter 4 wheel sorted mine after fitting bars and springs, front passengers was out on mine as stock.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@gm

Afternoon pal!! šŸ‘.

Iā€™ll 2nd that mate!! My front passenger was out from new. Got Hunter 4 Wheel Alignment done after dropping the Front Sub-Frame to fit H&R Anti-Roll bars, Springs etc. All spot on now!! šŸ‘šŸ‘.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats,Ā Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&RĀ Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBCĀ Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff BrakeĀ Pads,Ā Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler,Ā Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3,Ā DSC unit.

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

question is, was it the tyres that fixed it, the tracking or both………….now we will never know!

walker-steve77
    Participant

UK - England

I had the hunter 4 wheel alignment last year and I had VS before and I still have now as well but still running with the original tyres…think I need to switch to Contiā€™s or similar

Nitrous Blue, Lux Pack, Blue Brembo Brake Calipers, SYNC 3, Black Forged Alloys & Door Edge Protectors

Stage 1 + many extras

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Gents,

I hope I didnā€™t confuse things there??!! šŸ¤­šŸ˜«… Not sure if youā€™re referring to my post or not…. ?

When I said ā€œspot onā€ in my post I was referring to the alignment/geometry not veering steering!!

Mine still veers like a mad thing at times. Although I now drive in Track Mode, Soft dampers and ESC Off and itā€™s fine like that!!

Sorry for any confusion…!!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats,Ā Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&RĀ Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBCĀ Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff BrakeĀ Pads,Ā Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler,Ā Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3,Ā DSC unit.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by brembo.

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

Still got my winter tires on still no veering steering.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Different car. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!