Does Ford plastic rust??!! i thought this panel was plastic..

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing Does Ford plastic rust??!! i thought this panel was plastic..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

just finished a chaps 1.0 ecoboom engine and seen this in his engine bay… 2012 titanium X Focus 1.0  hope ours do not end up like this at 7 years old !!

maybe there is metal in there and has plastic covering??

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Like you BDA thought ours was plastic, certainly looks/feels it

could Ford of moved to plastic on the newer cars as they are aware of the rust problem in your pics?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

its weird Dom, looks and feels exactly the same as ours and it has all that sort of reinforcing box section behind it, the bloke would not have been too impressed if had taken an angle grinder to it to see what its made of!!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Dom, shock horror! I tried a magnet on it and it was attracted, so its metal,  probably a C section pressed steel member with all those plastic X braces in the cross section moulded on for rigidity.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Think that’s the only place not rising on mine…? ?

Did find tho that the RS is made from bin liners ……… ?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yes I noticed them too, forgot what the technical explanation is for them though

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

SWAG BAG? Round here normally the panels are stuffed full of more organic material….lol

buz
    Participant

UK - England

I noticed these wing bin bags only yesterday when clearing some leaves out from the scuttle area. Very strange!?!

2017 Nitrous Blue RS with every option except shell seats – no blue bolsters for me though.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

ha ha what you been smoking GM !! Maybe they are additional lumbar support pillows for the Shell seats, if you find you need more lower back support you open the bonnet, pull the bags out and hey presto?

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

jonno71
    Participant

UK - England

Yep pressed not very well painted steel with over moulded plastic, so the rust can’t be stopped, well done Ford.

jonno71
    Participant

UK - England

The bin liners are to make it sound better, quick and easy and cheap to lob in. Did cause rust on the mk2 though as got waterlogged.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Does Ford plastic rust??!! i thought this panel was plastic... If you're not already a member then you can register for free!