Does the trc front splitter scrape?

Home Forums Styling Exterior Styling Does the trc front splitter scrape?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

atlgibson
    Participant

UK - England

Hi. Does the front splitter scrape on everything or is there enough clearance? Worried about getting it and having issues on speed bumps, parking half on half off kerbs and dodgy uk roads.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@atlgibson,  it really does depend on the speed bump, ramp ect, I know there’s a couple of speed bumps that I’d scrape on so I avoid them. If in doubt don’t go over them……. well if possible, you’ll probably only know that when it’s to late ?

Honorary Member

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Yes the odd one has caught me out @bobcat, there is a sinking feeling as you hear that scrape. ?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@atlgibson

Morning mate!! I’ve been thinking about a front splitter for some time now but obviously ground clearance is the issue. I’m also running lowering springs and I get the odd scrape in the Multi-storey car park WITHOUT a splitter. But they do look good!! Is your RS lowered??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

The joys of limited ground clearance…..

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

RSGAZ
    Participant

UK - England

I have the maxton V3 and it’s  lowered by 20mm,

i can get over most speedbumbs with about half inch to spare, I wouldn’t advise trying to park on a kerb though

atlgibson
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

haven’t got mine lowered it’s currently standard but I really like the splitters. Waiting to see what they look like in person at ford fair first though. Just concerned I’ll scrape. Daily driving I don’t go over many speed bumps but don’t wanna get caught out and having it ripped off by a bump

PORTER2411
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Yeah it scrapes and I’m not even lowered ? I’m on my second one ripped my first one off up north last year ? just about took the bumper off.

A guy I know went over a cattle grid with his fitted and took the bottom half of the bumper clean off.

Sorry for the long post ? but they do get caught on speed bumps now and then just take it slow mate

atlgibson
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one Porter. Although when you mention bumpers being ripped off, not sure whether it’s worth the risk but I really like the look of it ?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@rsgaz

Afternoon mate!! Your RS looks absolutely mint!! ?. Love the colour!! Is it a daily driver?? Reason I ask is…. do you have any issues with water ingress through either the bonnet vents or the Velossa Tech Big Mouth Air Intake??

Also, did you add the red trim to your Splitter and Side Skirts yourself??

Cheers, Marc.

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

I’ve had the odd speed bump hit mind so taken off at present, but will be putting it back on for Fordfair as it looks fabulous on be interesting to see if any difference now I have fitted the HR wheel spacers all round by 15mm always careful when approaching speed humps , only used in dry weather so not been out lately ?? standard springs at present

Fully forged running M400x

RSGAZ
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

thanks mate.

No the car isn’t a daily driver, and it lives in a garage, I have drove it in heavy rain before and a bit of rain does get in but it doesn’t cause any problems.

A friend has the same vents and his is a daily driver and lives outside and he doesn’t have any problems.

the red tape came with the splitter from maxton, you get a choice of colours

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

I’ve got the blue hopefully fitting very soon

ive fitted it to the side skirts looking good

Fully forged running M400x

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Does the trc front splitter scrape?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!