Don't go on any owners forums !

Home Forums General Newbie Don't go on any owners forums !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Trophyhusband
    Participant

United Kingdom

said my salesman back in January. Advise I have self evidently ignored, but I do have some sympathy with his logic. While his main reason for saying it was to stop me contacting him every other day with questions about leaking rdu’s, shortages of seats, paint, cars or details of factory shutdowns due to heatwaves he was also trying to manage my expectations. ” it might be built sometime September ” he guesstimated and low and behold he called me late September to say it was being built. So I have no complaints, I also as yet have no car, just a reg number, a copy of the form I signed to tax the thing and some vague conversations about the system not having updated overnight (again) and “it’s very unusual, we could normally tell you where your car is” I expect he is just managing my expectations again and that the car has not been lost,crushed,stolen or crashed in transit.

while I remember Hello everyone, my names Keith and I’m from Hertfordshire.

djc1969
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hello and welcome Keith.

it quite unusual for the dealert to register and tax the vehicle in advance of it being with them, certainly in my experience!

Did you agree to allow them to do that?

Good luck with your car – I’m sure you will love it!

Trophyhusband
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi David, I’m hoping that they have just allocated a reg number and are sitting on the tax form in readiness for the cars arrival. As you say it would be odd to do anything else and would raise issues with the seven day ford insurance running out and me ending up with 11 months tax rather than a year if it doesn’t make an appearance soon.

Keith

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Don't go on any owners forums !. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!