Door protectors

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Door protectors

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Hi folks , has any one been able to get hold of those small rubber door protectors, they were a extra option but I never ticked option box . Any one having trouble with them , I’ve herd a few reviews. Some good some not so . 👍👍👍

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome. The door protectors work fine. I managed to snap the drivers one last winter (got my coat caught in it) but very to replace.

Fitting these after the build is a major task as each door needs to be stripped down to fit them. Activated by a nylon  push rod against the A piller on the front doors.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome, as @Red-leader, has said it is a big  job, not impossible but when you way up the cost you may think again. Off the top of my head I think I’ve read on hear the cost is somewhere in the region £300 per door. If I’m wrong I’m sure someone will put me right. Good luck 👍

Honorary Member

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@bobcat I’m well on my way to spending the £300 on replacements 😆 Rates ford ebay shop was the cheapest when i bought them last! the do stick when it gets cold, but don’t oil them. so far im on 2 new back drivers side & one front passengers side, in 1200 mile 🤣🤣 Issue is i think the kids catch them when getting out, and they just pop off!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@GM, I’d stop the pocket money 😹😹😹 that might make them a little more careful 😆🤣

Honorary Member

andy1600i
    Participant

UK - England

I enquired about buying them when I got my car as they wasn’t fitted. Parts only to fit myself, cost was £550. They said it would be 1 days labour per door if I wanted to let Ford fit them. I was more than happy to fit them myself but thought the price was ridiculous, so I didn’t bother.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@andy, thanks 👍

Honorary Member

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Door protectors. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!