dreamscience figures?

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU dreamscience figures?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 93 total)
  • Author

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The Dreamscience map. The top end figure is for pub talk and anal boosting.

I don’t have Dreamscience (DS) so I think I’m impartial (Norris Cobb).

Everyone who has DS fitted says it pulls like a train threw the gears.

So I guess it’s mapping (not power) is similar in the way it’s delivered to the FPM375 all in the midrange where to be honest it’s more beneficial.

I don’t know the figures for DS but the FPM375 top line is only 25bhp extra over standard, but the midrange is 45bhp over standard.

Hence why I surmise the DS is similar and has a wallop of midrange rather than pub talk top end bhp and why for reasons unknown people seem disappointed.

Putting all the power in the wrong place may look good 410bhp at the top end, but if the 0-60 is slower than a car running 390 who puts out a larger chunk of power threw the midrange (2k-4.5K) youll post first on a road car on the road as the higher midrange power lasts longer than peak (5k-6.5k)

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

blechdosenbill
    Participant

Germany

Iam running ultima 2. Now back on Stock map for some Service work. The difference is just crazy.. Not sure whats going on with the figures but i doubt the ds maps are not making enough power. There are Streets here i know know very well and with ds the care goes much fast than Stock without reving the Shit out of it with the Stock map.

Iam a bit unsure about All this talking about Low figures and engines blown but with the ds even the ultima the car feels so much better…

Scott.t
    Participant

UK - England

The standard car only boosts up to just over 1.1bar in the midrange even with very heavy pedal action. It jumps up to 1.5 bar above 5200rpm which is why you have to drive it hard to feel the benefit.

The DS mapping allows a higher boost target much sooner and you seem to have more control of the boost via your pedal action, with boost spooling in a much more linear action in relation to your foot action. The step/stall of boost generation of the standard mapping until 5200 just doesn’t exist in the DS map therefore the torque is available so much sooner giving you that ‘pinned to seat’ feeling.

There’s not a great deal more boost at the top end. I would predict about 0.2 bar (as have been inable to measure via OBD) which is only going to give about 30bhp in my opinion.

If the car dynos in the 320’s stock, which many appear to do then even with DS you are only going to see around stock book figures.

Scott.t
    Participant

UK - England

Of note, if you look at a number of dyno plots that circulate for a stock RS you will see the power bulge/rise above 5200rpm. Compare that to a mapped car, even an FPM375, and you will notice that this bulge/rise in power is eradicated.

The largest gap in power is below this range due to the mapped car not pegging the boost back, but letting it build more naturally.

I’m confused why Ford chose to map it like this. Normally cars are mapped to give as much safe boost as soon as possible then tailing off at the top if the turbo is small (to preserve it’s life and reduce heat generation).

Perhaps they wanted the RS to feel like a race cammed normally aspirated car !!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

scott.t , yes, they were trying to make it feel free revving like the Honda  instead of feeling like a narrow torque banded Diesel where you have to be quick grabbing the next gear as the power drops off the cliff all of a sudden!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Scott.t
    Participant

UK - England

My moto for turbo mapping is : if the turbo is capable then let it.

I mapped my drive by wire model STi to give 80% boost target at 50% throttle and it was a loverly drive. So much better than the Prodrive map it came with that was a very linear boost delivery requiring you to drive hard to generate boost.

grethch
    Participant

Germany

Look at this dyno run from a friend today. The run was made on 2 WD buy switching the rdu at the back off.

Ultima got 333 bhp and 615 Nm (453 ft lb)

Ultima 2 got 365 bhp and 609 Nm (449 ft lb)

The car was not 100% stock. It got ssc, recircle valve, velossa big mouth, mountunre ignition kit, roll restrictor.

Intercooler and downpipe are stock

lamberps
    Participant

UK - England

Please don’t shoot me here as I’m no expert but 20ps transmission loss, which is less than 6% seems a bit low.

Most people say 12-15% for a FWD car (22% for 4WD) which would equate to 380-390ps if my maths is correct.   The other thing odd about those results is that the transmission loss is 19.9ps on the higher output run and 20.8 on the lower output run and I’d expect these to be the other way round.

I guess the only way to be certain if any map is making a difference is before and after runs.

grethch
    Participant

Germany

Hi lampers. I understand what you mean. The friend will do in a week or later a dyno run with the stock map an the race99+ to compare an so we will see. Thank you for reflections and your advice.<!–more–><!–more–><!–more–>

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

Why are some people dynoing stock cars at quoted figures and others at like 320? It makes no sense why the figures would be all over the place

grethch
    Participant

Germany

Today the friend made a new run with testing original stock software and Race 99+. Here are the results. The test were made on the same dyno.

Original Stock: 348 bhp, 356 ft lb (483 Nm)

Race99+: 354.5 bhp, 437 ft lb (593 Nm)

Scott.t
    Participant

UK - England

That stacks up with my brief experience of Race99 before switching to DS Ultima.

Race99 has a similar target boost to stock but just delivers it earlier hence the much high torque figure.

Not sure why Ultima above is lower (333bhp) as this delivers more boost and feels very much better than Race99..

Scott.t
    Participant

UK - England

@grethch which does your friend feel is best. Does his thoughts match the dyno results ?

grethch
    Participant

Germany

Race99+ is smooth but the Ultima2 measured at 365 bhp and 609 Nm (449 ft lb) is a lot more fun (pulls more at low rpm). But I think its not very “healthy” for engine comparing to Mountune M380. It’s a lot of torque.

Scott.t
    Participant

UK - England

Perhaps I need to try Race99+

I started with Race99 and it didn’t feel a great deal different. So I switched to DS Ultima. This was much better

I then tried DS Ultima2 and 2+. Both seemed a touch less responsive on light throttle and pretty sure there was a flatspot around 3500rpm. The boost wasn’ delivered as smooth so I dropped back to DS Ultima.

I may try Ultima 2 again now that I’ve been running Ultima for a few weeks. I initially switched around quite quick so may not of given the car or myself enough time to adapt.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to dreamscience figures?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!