DreamScience iMap change vehicle issue

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU DreamScience iMap change vehicle issue

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

AlanS
    Participant

UK - England

I’m looking for advice or signposting to a link that can help.

I’ve a 2017 Mk3 FPM375 with a Sports Cat and a Mountune V3 exhaust Cat back. The sports cat activates the engine warning  MIL light because the Mountune  MAP isn’t for a sport cat. I’ve decided to upgrade the MAP to one of the Dreamscience MAPs to take advantage of the increased flow through the sports cat and also rectify the MIL ligtht issue.

So I bought a second hand Dreamscience iMap which is unmarried and has 5 lives with the intention of flashing to the Ultimat 2+ or Ultima3  maps for the Focus Mk3. I used the dreamscience updater tool on my PC to make sure everything was up to date on the iMap.

When I connect the iMap via the vehicle OBD port, I  go to Program Vehicle option, I get a message “Vehicle Unsupported” H1FA_14C204_ABC_* ‘contact technical support’

I must be doing something wrong because the iMap is suppose to be transferable to a different vehicle at the cost of one life. Or is it because the current MAP is FPM375 rather than the Focus RS stock file?

Any help will be gratefully received.

Dreamscience Ultima 3 Map, FPM375 Hardware + Sports Cat + Mountune V3 Cat Back

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

maybe ask dreamscience themselves on Monday?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@alans

Afternoon mate!! I’m no expert on Dreamscience and I’m sure someone who is will be along soon, but if it’s 2nd hand with 5 lives left then either the previous owner never used it or it’s still paired up to another Motor?? Otherwise it would have 4 lives left?? Does it say if it’s paired to a vehicle??

The FPM375 shouldn’t make any difference mate. It’ll just store that as the base map.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The map on the car at the time of writing the Dreamscience is irrelevant.

Was the Dreamscience sold as a Mk3 Ford Focus RS version ? Sounds like it could be for a different model altogether.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

18stealth
    Participant

UK - England

Roll it back to the stock map file, and it will recognise it, will end in two letters not three.

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Looking forward to putting on ds map on mine, that is once oil feed pipes are done this coming Wednesday

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

You possibly could have the wrong one for the Mk3 RS, list of ones below… you have to have the one for the Mk3 RS…. can you power it and see what maps it has on it? Click on this link HERE and it will take you to DS, check the names of the maps are the ones shown on their site for the RS.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Cant even add link and image in same post now FFS 🥺

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

But if they are on there it might not be unpaired from the last car…. Im sure @brembo’s right 5 new 4 sold second hand as mine had 4 when bought it second hand…

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by GM.

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Agree with GM, got mine 2nd hand with 4 lives left

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

Needs to be on 4 lives or less,I bought on with 4 live on it & im now running ultima 2+ but when I plug it into computer it still says 4 lives left,so till I put mine back to stock that’s what it will show so it’s either not for the rs mk3 or the previous owner hasn’t put his car back to stock with it.

Andy.

Red Edition.

oldboy
    Participant

UK - England

No not necessarily so, i bought a second hand Dreamscience imap used only once and the device showed 5 lives. Then when i married it to my car it showed 4, so i guess if i was to sell the device on this is what it would show?

Nitrous Blue,  Dreamscience Ultima 2+ V3 overrun map, Mountune induction kit, Custom valveless exhaust, RS shell seats, 19inch Forged wheels, Sun roof, Carbon wing mirrors, window wind deflectors, door guards.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to DreamScience iMap change vehicle issue. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!