Dreamscience Ultima 3

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Dreamscience Ultima 3

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

DS Ultima 3 is now available for any existing Dreamscience iMap customers and all new customers who buy a new iMap.

About Ultima 3

Dreamscience are delighted to announce the release of our latest tune for the RS MK3. Please welcome the Mighty DS-Ultima 3 to our already comprehensive choice of tunes for your RS. Dreamscience have been working on this latest tune for several months and are delighted with the overall performance, power output, reliability and most importantly driveability. The vehicle used for the testing was fitted with a Dreamscience Motorsport 3” Down Pipe De Cat, a Velossatech big mouth cold air intake (Velossa Tech) feeding a Dreamscience Motorsport dry charge filter (Panel Filter), stock intercooler and stock cat back running Shell V-Power 99 octane fuel.

The test vehicle reliably and consistently produces around 405Bhp and just over 430FtLb of torque, this map as can be seen from the graph achieves its peak power at 5350 Rpm and holds over 400 Bhp thereafter making it a bit of an animal when racing or making high rpm gear changes. The torque curve has no crazy spike and is controlled as can be seen from the graph we hold over 425Ftlb of torque from 2500 rpm to 4500 rpm with a flat torque curve and the drop off is only slight so the car always feels progressive and like it’s continuously pulling hard! You will notice an over-boost feature with this map when driving that activates above 4500 rpm so you never have the feeling that the car is letting off power, ever! The small humps that can be seen in both the stock map torque curve, and the Ultima 3 torque curve, are a safety feature as we run to a load target / limit same as your stock file, this ensures that under harsh conditions your car will still perform safely and within tolerance.

MK3 Focus RS Ultima 3 Dyno Graph

This Ultima 3 tune must only be run with 99 octane fuel in the UK, 98 Octane in Australia, and ideally 99+ octane in other European countries who have access to higher octane fuels. If you struggle to find a fuel suitable we do offer an octane booster called Boostane (BOOSTane) which won SEMA product of the year 2016 and really does do what it says on the tin. This map is a free upgrade to any existing iMap customers, simply connect to a pc with the cable provided to our updater tool (iMap Updater) and select automatically check for updates, it’s best not to use the handset Wi-Fi option for this update as it may drop out so in all cases use the cable!

Minimum modification requirements for optimum performance are

• 3” Downpipe with sports cat, Race Cat or De Cat
    • Cold air intake system, or panel filter upgrade with cold air feed
    • 99 Octane fuel

Additional modifications which complement the map and produce extra gains

• Upgraded intercooler
    • Big boost pipe kit
    • 3” Cat Back exhaust system

The next release being worked on is DS-Ultima 3+ which utilises the following

• Forge Actuator upgrade
    • Forge Re Circ upgrade
    • DS-Big boost pipe kit
    • DS Intercooler
    • DS-Oil breather system.

To add the file to your Handset: Use the updater tool to update your iMap handset.
    If you do not have the updater, it can be found in the download section of our website.
    https://www.dreamscience-automotive.co.uk/downloads/imap-updater-tool/

Buy now > https://mk3focusrs.club/product/dreamscience-stratagem-imap/

Collister
    Participant

UK - England

I need to fit my downpipe and get this loaded up 🙂

Lotus104
    Participant

Sweden

Has anybody remapped from Ultima 2+ to Ultima 3 map?

Does it feel a big difference on the RS between the two?

RS Edition , built 13/9-18 , and delivered 9/11-18

Mountune: R.M.M. / Roll restrictor, PTU Brace, Breather plate & Re-circulating valve.

Mishimoto: I/C + pipe kit, Catch can, Blue Aluminum expansion tank

Ford Performance / Remus cat back Exhaust

FSWERKS short shift kit.

quantiTEC Smoked rear lights.

craigyp
    Participant

UK - England

Following

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

It felt better in mine but I also went sports cat at same time.

However, back to back runs only gave about .15s faster 30-70mph in 3rd gear runs.

Lotus104
    Participant

Sweden

Anybody else that has tried the Ultima 3 vs 2+ ?

Can’t just be 1. Would be fun with some feedback on it.

RS Edition , built 13/9-18 , and delivered 9/11-18

Mountune: R.M.M. / Roll restrictor, PTU Brace, Breather plate & Re-circulating valve.

Mishimoto: I/C + pipe kit, Catch can, Blue Aluminum expansion tank

Ford Performance / Remus cat back Exhaust

FSWERKS short shift kit.

quantiTEC Smoked rear lights.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Plenty have, just need to search and read more threads here and over on the other forum.

I took 3 off back to 2+ it was to aggressive and laggy, but I’ve not fitted the sports cat yet or intercooler.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Sniffle
    Participant

UK - England

i see car focused run DSu3 with mountune intake, recirc and ssc, i have airtec intake, mountune recirc,  ssc

so very similar mods maybe mine can take more with the bigger air filter so i gave it a go, straight away  feels more agressive but i thought i had a flat spot in 2nd doing back roads heading to A roads, once in a safer place to try it abit, it flys but the boost pressure was pulsing really strangely, enough to make the turbo flutter like i lifted off so i changed back to 2+ the second i got home after 23 mile drive from work, maybe its the big filter and heat soak but DSu3 didn’t suit my car very well

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

My view needs the sports cat, you can’t force more in if the old hasn’t escaped in time.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Sniffle
    Participant

UK - England

but car focused runs didn’t seem to have the pulsing boost pressure and he didn’t mention having a sports cat on

unless you mean that because i have a bigger air filter I am making more back pressure causing the problem to my set up only

Josh1987
    Participant

UK - England

Minimum modification requirements for optimum performance are

3” Downpipe with sports cat, Race Cat or De Cat

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Dreamscience Ultima 3. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!