Dreamscience ULTIMA map

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Dreamscience ULTIMA map

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author

Sniffle
    Participant

UK - England

Does anyone get a warning ( engine service needed ) and low power in sports mode with this ultima imap
    normal and remapped its fine, stock normal/sports its fine, just sports and remapped it happens

its almost like a limp home mode but there is no DTC’s  recorded and its fine after the ignition is turned off and back on

im guessing its a safety setting like holding back the power till its up to running temps just no one can confirm my thoughts on this so far

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

So the map is Ultima at all times but it is in Sport mode that has the issue all other modes are fine?

Is the car up to temperature at the time?

Sniffle
    Participant

UK - England

Yes mate running ultima  and in sport mode i get the warning and no power
    and yes its up to temp happens after 30 mins driving

Never had any warnings before the remap

blechdosenbill
    Participant

Germany

Hi, had the same issue with the ultima stage. Car runs a Remus cat back, kn Filter, mountune recirc valve and ssc.

After a Mail to DS they told me to use ultima 2+… That wasnt the answer i Was hoping for. Actually iam running ultima 2. Car drives perfectly fine.

Sniffle
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Blechdosen bill i spoke to them yesterday they said run ultima 2, my mechanic and i both agreed that wasn’t right as the car doesn’t have all the hardware yet ( 3″ downpipe sports cat ) cat back, intercooler helps to

but looking at the site now they say 2+ can be run stock, stage 1 or stage 2 so im going to try that
    CheeRS guys

blechdosenbill
    Participant

Germany

Yeah Thats what thought. I would stick with just the ultima with my actual mods… But if it trows some errors now and then … Had Zero issues with the 2… Maybe ill give 2+ Another try

johnybigarms
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve had the “engine needs a service” warning a few times, always when I’ve really given her some extended thrash, as you say, turn car off and on and no trace of the warning and she runs perfect, running Ultima map, must say I have all the usual mods, Mountune induction kit, hot charge pipes, Recirc valve, but it started doing it after fitting the Cobra cat back 3” system, hadn’t done it before fitting it, so I feel it’s the exhaust that was causing the issue, I have been in Sport on all occasions too, interesting.

Mountune M380 package

Mishimoto throttle Pedal Spacer

Mountune Hard Charge Pipes

JCR super low seat frames x 2

DSC Suspension Controller

vortex66
    Participant

Romania

Had exactly same issue on Ultima 1. Was told to run Ultima 2(not +). I was worried about extra stress on the turbo, but Jared from Dreamscience assured me it’s actually less strain on it. Never had an issue with the 2 since I put it on.

In my opinion the Ultima 1 map should be either updated, or removed. It is NOT OK to offer a faulty map to the customer.

Eddiewin87
    Participant

Australia

Just had this come up twice within two weeks. Running stock atm to see if it’s the recirculation valve causing it. I did a track day with Ultima in track mode and no problems whatsoever. I’ll try Ultima 2 and see how it goes in a few days.

Aussie V8 rivalry is dead.

Holden V8 Traitor.

xForce 3″ catback varex exhaust

Mountune Cold Air Intake

Forge Recirculation Valve

Dreamscience Ultima 2

Magnetic Grey

Gel spoiler inserts

johnybigarms
    Participant

UK - England

How’s every one getting on with Ultima 2, is it stable from errors, plus better performance than Ultima?

Mountune M380 package

Mishimoto throttle Pedal Spacer

Mountune Hard Charge Pipes

JCR super low seat frames x 2

DSC Suspension Controller

Eddiewin87
    Participant

Australia

Since going to Ultima 2 I have not had any issues at at. I ran it for 3 weeks however hitting the West Australian Summer time I have reverted back to stock due to coming into daily 30+ degree days and turbo cars not liking hot days very much.

I informed DS about the issue with the first Ultima and they suggested to use Ultima 2+ over just 2 due to it being the latest with them most safety features built into the tune.

FYI RS owners with the FPM375 are having the same Over boost service engine now issue exactly like the first Ultima.

Aussie V8 rivalry is dead.

Holden V8 Traitor.

xForce 3″ catback varex exhaust

Mountune Cold Air Intake

Forge Recirculation Valve

Dreamscience Ultima 2

Magnetic Grey

Gel spoiler inserts

blechdosenbill
    Participant

Germany

Since iam on ultima 2 the car runs perfect. No issues. Ive tried the 2+ for some weeks but didnt like it When driving on our roads. I find it very Hard to adjust the right amount of throttle When going around corners.

Sniffle
    Participant

UK - England

Been 6 weeks for me on 2+

I get a strange whistle in sport like the turbo can’t hold the compressed air back as its trying to force it into the engine, its also burning a hell of alot of engine oil dunno if that is to go with the remap

so im moving to Ultima 2 tomorrow

pjcallow
    Participant

UK - England

Do you have the sound suppressor installed? That’s probs the nose coming from the turbo if not.

Sound Suppression Chamber [Mk3 Focus RS]

Sniffle
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks pjcallow i do have a SSC installed, its defo not the whistle you are thinking of.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Dreamscience ULTIMA map. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!