Driving Instruction

Home Forums General Newbie Driving Instruction

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Harry Cronjager
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Guys, I have just bought my first ever RS Mk3 and wanted to get some good instruction so i don’t end up picking bits of it out the hedge. Any advice would be very welcome. Thanks H

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Keep it on the black stuff !!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Take it easy for 1000 miles to get used to it. Don’t get to over enthusiastic with the loud pedal in the wet.

PS hi and welcome

Honorary Member

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by bobcat.

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Harry to the world of RSing.

The RS’s handling, brakes and all round ability is such that unless you are in serious licence loosing mode on the road you are unlikely to reach its limits and end up in the ditch.

Check the tyres, brakes etc are in good condition and enjoy the drive.

For coaching a lot of the circuits can provide 1:1 sessions, alternatively many of the driving schools offer defensive driving /advanced driving programmes for the road.

If you get the chance to take the RS on a circuit you will be amazed at the performance.

Also would recommend additional security such as Ghost immobiliser and disc lock to protect your pride and joy.

Depends

May the Ford be with you

Harry Cronjager
    Participant

UK - England

Hi thanks, I have done a few track days in the past and am heading back off to Spa and the Nurburgring again this year. I will definitely be having some more lessons as with my other cars just any RS particulars would be great.

Ghost system is a check

paulg
    Participant

UK - England

If you’re prepared to throw some money at it – https://www.total-car-control.co.uk/

Upgrading the nut behind the steering wheel is the best mod you can do.

Nitrous Blue FPM375, Milltek, DSC & TracTive, lots of Mountune bits

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

When I first had mine, I just felt like the car wants to push on mid way through a corner and generally speaking, it can with the 4WD etc but I’d just be weary (especially in the wet). Keep that traction control on and leave Race mode for the track.

NB FPM375

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

be careful down cambered narrow lumpy and bumpy rutted B type roads when going for an overtake over the crown of the road, hold on tight , and ideally 1, mirror, 2, signal,3, then pull out, and THEN  4,give it some throttle once you are on the wrong side, if you give it bags as you go over the crown you may get a slalom action going….

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Driving Instruction. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!