DSC Module Loan/Hire offer

Home Forums Performance Handling DSC Module Loan/Hire offer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Perhaps you would like to try a DSC module on you Mk3 RS, or maybe have a road trip to do, holiday tour or track day. Despite all the great feedback maybe unsure or just not ready to splash out the £1100 retail price.
    I’m testing the idea of a loan or hire service.   This is how it would work.
    You pay the £1100 by Paypal as security.   I send you a loan unit, just the basic unit,
    You try it for a week and return it at the end of the first week where I will then refund £1075,  or two weeks for a £1050  refund.  So £25 per week.

If you don’t return it after the two weeks you end owning a used module for the full price and no in box extra’s.  If someone wants to keep one, then return the loan unit and I”l send a fresh one back as I do for normal purchases.
    You will need to book in advance so I can arrange time slots for people.

Any losses or damage will cancel the loan offer and will become a non refunded purchase.  Previous 7 day refund offer is largely replaced by this offer, any refund is by agreement where a genuine misunderstanding of what the product does and can achieve has happened.

Hopefully this helps some people who are undecided.  Please contact me or feedback if you require something different.

Thanks
    Steve

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Momo
    Participant

Canada

this is a great idea.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the positive comment, I hope so.

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@9designs

Afternoon mate!! Yeah I must agree, it’s a great idea!! I’d be up for it as I’ve been reading plenty about the DSC on here and I cover a lot of miles, most of them for pure pleasure and on roads where I think I’d really see the benefit of the Controller on my 3 weeks at home. The only issue I have at the moment is the winter weather in the Highlands of Scotland!! There’s no guarantee I’ll get a decent couple of weeks when at home. But I’m giving it some serious thought.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@9designs

I forgot to ask, if I was to get a shot of a DSC Unit through your loan scheme, would I get one with the software for the Mountune Springs as that’s what I currently have fitted??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Yep ?……  book a slot, I’ll run a calendar as I plan to only put one in circulation.

chris-neil
    Participant

Australia

What’s a DSC module?

Ford for life but I also own a Maserati

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Ford Focus RS – Controller

Plus lots of discussion on the forums(s)

777ham
    Participant

UK - England

@9designs

Hello Steve

Just wondering if your loan scheme took off/ is still running?

Have had the Mountune spring kit fitted for a couple weeks now and i will be honest and say that i can’t feel a lot of improvement and if anything feels worse?

Went for the Mountune spring kit on the recommendation of others, maybe its needs more time to settle?

Was interested to feel how your controller was but are reluctant to spend the money in case not as good as expected, like the springs.

Thanks

John

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Agree,  I didn’t like the springs without a DSC, felt like a bouncy castle, scared me on a bumpy road.Hence I always recommend DSC first.

No one took up the loan idea, so I sold the demo one off.

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Brilliant idea, I’d def be interested to try it out?

777ham
    Participant

UK - England

Ok, no worries.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

the ride quality is so subjective, the only way to do a fair test on the DSC on a car would be to….

1.   strip the rear boot cover out to gain access to the Ford controller.
    2.   Give the DSC controller to your mate and tell him to either fit it or don’t fit it  ( and not to tell you what hes done)
    3.  Take it for a drive  and return back to your mate and ask him to swap over the units ( again not asking what has been done)
    4. Take it for another drive over the SAME route as before and see what you think the difference is between the two drives (if any)
    5.  ask your mate on what test drive the DSC controller was fitted

I bet you will return well confused as to what test drive was better!!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

777ham
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda

I like that idea, makes it fair!

paulg
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda I agree – you’d want to do a “blind” test, but you can get your fingers in to the OEM controller via the pop out panel for the fuse box in the boot – so easy enough to temporarily plug in a DSC unit.

Nitrous Blue FPM375, Milltek, DSC & TracTive, lots of Mountune bits

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to DSC Module Loan/Hire offer. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!