DSC Sport V1 Controller

Home Forums Performance Handling DSC Sport V1 Controller

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

a-dandy-scot
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if the DSC Sport V1 Controller makes quite a significant difference for comfort in Normal Mode and is quite gripper in Sport Mode? I am interested in getting one but I really want to know from others experience with it before I consider it myself. Any review or feedback of it would be greatly appreciated.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The difference is like going from standard to M400 without the risk of blowing up.

Normal mode as you drive normally it’s like being in a saloon car but if you open it up it reacts to all the sensor inputs and makes the OEM dampers work in an active fashion and their really isn’t anything out there that can compete.

You can now actually use Track mode on the street without the risk of spinal injury lol.

It firms up only via data input so if your plodding about it’s comfortable and if your hooning about it’s a touring car.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Hi a-dandy-scot, here is my recollection from summer 2018:

The installation went smoothly. No issue with the fuel gauge. I removed the stock controller altogether, though. I had a short blast over my home hill, B-road, 30 km, swiss style. Just a short report of this quick test before I do a more extended evaluation on the German Autobahn:

1. The car feels sorta softer right away when leaving my car park.
    2. The typical “pogo” is gone.
    3. Less diving while accellerating or sharp braking.
    4. Very composed when booting it in 2nd to 60 mph.
    5. Less roll in corners.
    6. Transmits much more steering confidence in long corners with higher speed than before.

I am a daily driver with no track racing. The first verdict thus is: very well invested money. A clear improvement, towards an Audi but still a genuine Focus RS.

I tried all 4 modes.

Normal: slightly softer ride, but paradoxical pogo-effect on some flat-like-pool-table roads. So no real option for my daily commute into town, but for motorways it’s fine.
    Sport: a bit stiffer than before but improved steering.
    Track: just bloody f***ing brilliant!!! On B-roads it’s a very big improvement and so confident!
    Drift: a bit harder and more composed in quick corners. Daily commute as before.

HTH, drive safe 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

dicky
    Participant

UK - England

I agree with all of the above. I’ve had mine installed for a year now and it’s a superb piece of kit.

I know this guy isn’t to everyone’s taste, but his review is honest and accurate.

Magnetic Grey with Lux Pack & Forged Alloys, DSC Controller and plenty more besides

Ukjon
    Participant

United Kingdom

9 DesignSteve kindly fitted my DSC controller whilst at last year’s FordFair.

Immediately notice a difference just driving away from our stand, towards the exit. Is an expensive piece of kit, but you get what you pay for.

Regards

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Op asked questions like

”quite gripper in Sport Mode?“

the firmer damping is set to match the original springs perfectly

the softer damping is for comfort but leaves the spring underdamped hence the pogo effect

this device varies the damping between Ford’s two fixed settings and is very clever. It certainly makes a difference.
    what it can never do is provide more damping than the normal maximum set by Ford.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Kr1s is spot on.
    The big bonus is the DSC curve / damping range given on the factory dampers is almost identical to the £3.2k KW DDC setup.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

a-dandy-scot
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Thank you everyone for your replies. After thoroughly reading your posts I think I can safely say this will be my next purchase.

Any thoughts on buying second hand? Any issues that might come up with that?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

There not that common second hand but can’t see any issues buying used.

Coastliner

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to DSC Sport V1 Controller. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!