DSC – The Unfair Advantage……….

Home Forums Performance Handling DSC – The Unfair Advantage……….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Back on Topic –

V1 Controller – Ford Focus RS

Transform the handling of your Ford Focus RS with the DSC Sport V1 controller! The DSC Sport V1 controller is a Plug N Play active suspension controller that replaces the OEM suspension controller. With our revolutionary tuning strategy, DSC Sport provides your Ford Focus RS with better track handling and improved daily comfort. DSC Sport will improve the ride of your Ford Focus RS and remove the “pogo” effect, all while offering improved grip and reduced squat, dive, and roll on track!

By expanding the dynamic range and rate of response of your OEM controller, DSC Sport is able to utilize more sensory input data and provide real time damping solutions. By gathering g-force, wheel speed, throttle position, and brake pressure; DSC Sport adjusts each individual damper in real time to provide the most optimum damper performance both on and off the track.

Using the DSC Sport Tuning Software, users can custom tune their suspension to personal preference. Set maximum and minimum damper rates and tuning characteristics for various driving scenarios, vehicle setups, and personal preference. DSC Sport puts the power of a suspension engineer in the palm of your hand.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

At the risk of being shouted down, is there any thing left to say about the DSC? With respect, I’m not clear what the purpose is of copying and pasting wording from elsewhere over and over! We can all Google the DSC and find this and other references. Just saying.

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Shouted down?

As if.

It’s just an advert innit.

Don’t know if we are allowed to ask questions though.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Just mail me ……..

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Just putting it back on topic, as requested by Johnybigarms, back to discussing the DSC.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Well, after I did the Stelvio, Umbrail, Ofen and Flüela pass in a row, in a couple of hours, with the DSC installed, in Drift Mode and ESC off the only thing I can say is: give your Audi RS3, Mercedes A45 AMG, VW Golf R, BMW 1.35 i up to your granny and drive a decent manly sports car 😎

It’s a fifteen minute install you can do with all thumbs – and off you go for a completely new ride on English B-roads. Just email 9designs and happiness is easy again 😉

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

bumble-b
    Participant

UK - England

@frenk I’m with you mush. Nothing I like more than jumping out of an aircraft without a parachute. I’m much faster than anyone else and I get to the ground quicker than anyone else. Those that use a parachute, well, they’re just not real men are they? I’ve also spent shed loads of money on a Ford Focus RS mainly because of the AWD system that everyone says is the main thing that sets it apart from the competition and then I turn it all off cos I want it to behave like a RWD car, even though it doesn’t, and is just plain stooooooooopid. Maybe your alternatives that I should give to my granny would have been a better purchase. Just saying.

Every village needs an idiot.

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

@bumble-b Why don’t you just sell your car then if you’re that unhappy with it then and bore off and get an a45

Anonymous
    Inactive

Be hasn’t got one — never has.

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

Then whys he on here then. Another person with a more expensive car that doesn’t like the fact the RS is cheaper yet outperforms his no doubt German branded car…

bumble-b
    Participant

UK - England

Oh dear. I think my post that was directed at Frenk has gone over other peoples head. Perhaps it was hard for them to comprehend. Frenk drives his car with esc off and in drift mode on twisty alpine roads. Madness, a big accident waiting to happen. Just like jumping out of a plane without a parachute (sort of). He has a car that’s capable of exceptional road holding in sport mode (best for fast road use) but turns it all off and puts it in Drift mode because he prefers to be a real man and drive a RWD car. So why buy an RS when he could have bought something else. Then goes on to knock anyone else that drives something different, especially if it’s German which is really sad but I’m afraid is quite common amongst some very sad individuals. There we go nice and simple for those with simple minds. OOoooo what’s that a photo of?

mine

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Ford give us a choice.

Some buttons to press.

Some hype to go with it.

They do NOT give us a big accident waiting to happen.

If you fall for the hype then you don’t experiment.

Rock on Frenk do it your way.

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@bumble-b: Grumpy grandpa, there is more than a limp limb in your way of reasoning, eh. Just kidding 😉

1. In my 39 years of driving I had null, zero, nil, accidents in approximately 350,000 miles and for half of the long journey ESC wasn’t even invented. You should know that with your age and experience.
    2. Your comparison with a free fall without a parachute is complete nonsense since the commands in the car are still there: steering, throttle, brakes. On public roads you do not come close to the physical limits as on a track and feeling your car’s behaviour belongs to the skills of a good driver. Relying on electronic helpers all the time is fooling yourself with risk compensation.
    3. Drift Mode is just more torque to the rear axle. That is the fun part of the RS. Drifting is for stunt men and teenagers, a thing you strictly avoid on public roads.
    4. German cars are brilliant – but the models I mentioned are just dull and boring compared to the RS.

I suggest you drive over here to the Alps one day and we have a blast together on a couple of passes, eh 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

bumble-b
    Participant

UK - England

@frenk Gosh, a limp limbed grumpy grandpa, really? Your points are flawed in so many ways, but, being a well behaved member of this forum, and not wishing to go too far off topic, I will not respond here. I will however start another thread later in the week on “modes we use and why”. There we could engage in a sensible argument; one that I will win.(smiley face).  This may also be of interest to others and may generate some interesting responses, or maybe not, who knows?. As for driving over the Alps, in the 1980s I spent a lot of time in Switzerland based in Bern so have got that out of my system!

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@bumble-b: Very well then, I am ready for a battle of arguments. As for your time spent in Switzerland we are at eye level. Bring it on 😎

Concerning the grandpa: it was you declaring your age as 72 and then you posted the animated GIF with the “dancing limp limb cartoon”, innit 😉
    If this should not be the case or if I have made a mistake reading old posts on this forum then I will apologize for my rudeness.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to DSC – The Unfair Advantage……….. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!