DSC – The Unfair Advantage……….

Home Forums Performance Handling DSC – The Unfair Advantage……….

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Bingo!

In high priced Switzerland we are accustomed to such peanut amounts. It’s less than a set of tyres. Think, my Rosie costed me 44,000£ at the current exchange rate, VAT included 😉

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

Momo
    Participant

Canada

@9designs how do we get in touch with you directly?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

@71BDA,     that all most reads like a U turn or climb down !!!!   What next an apology ?    ROFL….

Not heard or quite see the Ford unit taking anymore data other than what drive mode you have selected and whether the stalk button has been pushed.  It doesn’t actively change the dampers from dynamic inputs, just alters the biasing current as per all previous DSC explanations.  It’s not “mag ride” like the Mustang option. The rest sounds like good analogies though.

Re the price, well you would need to experience it before knowing if you thought it offered value for money.   It’s comparable or cheaper to a replacement exhaust, a 375 kit, an LSD,  etc etc.  So isn’t out of place in the world of RS mods.     It is bespoke developed and relatively low volume, so isn’t like buying a cheap stereo from China,  more akin to something developed in Salisbury or Glasgow.

@Momo
    ,  mail me at  9designstechserv@gmail.com    As you appear to be in Canada I would think someone local or direct to DSC will be more cost effective?

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Well BDA’s given his approval on the DSC controller…………………….. wow.

We can now all use our DSC controllers, and not because loony tunes says so, “Whats up doc“.

“NO” because the DSC Controller is GREAT !!!!!!

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

quadslo
    Participant

Slovenia

Is there anyone who installed the Tractive complete kit?

Or are there any reviews online?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

The wait will soon be over  🙂      Try the US sites they had them sooner.

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Toniciano
    Participant

France

Do you have some dealer / partner in France to install this ?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

It’s a 10 minute plug in and play item.

It actually takes longer to empty the boot than change the module ?

All you need is some new Velcro to attach to the inner wing ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Add the Tractive dampers and it makes an Awesome car an Epic car.

The new Tractive map is a lot more refined in Normal working now from a range  of 200 – 2000 compared with the original range of 600 – 1800.

The speed you can now go down the shops at and the wife doesn’t even notice the increase. Someone mentioned a jiggle factor on a previous post, well its smooth silky smooth like a galaxy bar lol

But when your out with no passengers and playing around down the A627 & A635 Oldham-Marsden-Holmfirth-Greenfield-Saddleworth-Peaks areas its no longer dangerous. If anyone’s been down the A635 Greenfield – Holmfirth you’ll know the road over the tops which constantly tries to kill you and bounce you off into the heather. Well the DSC improves it enormously, but the tractive keeps all four wheels on the ground all the time, until you hit that yump and go airborne than land which isn’t a drama as the Tractive system damped the landing out completely.

The only downside, is if you get it wrong out playing its going to be a mess as the new speeds reachable and what you can hold in the bends is absolutely mental, its now a case of how big are your brass pair.

A set of harnesses would be a good idea just to hold you in your seat as the car is gripping the tarmac your back & arse aren’t gripping the seat quite as good.

So much quicker from a so little power hike the FPM375, Tractive makes you Faster, much Faster.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Great to read it’s delivering on it’s promise,  probably as many sceptics as there are Euro ones !!!   It’s been a learning curve and journey as best to my knowledge it’s the first set installed in the UK.

We had questions and and few puzzling moments along the way,  though a bit more upfront information from DSC would have helped they and Tractive have been very supportive and helpful and explaining how the system works or wants to work and why.   This is after all new and quite unique in the aftermarket road car sector.    Bringing computer control active suspension that is fully tune-able to the private owner, not just a pro race teams.   This surely will be the future of suspension systems, replacing the old ways of manually adjusting set ups for the best compromise.

On top of DSC releasing updated maps users can define their own maps and settings, as these dampers have a great range, soft to hard with fast response time compared to Ford or KW dampers. Making subtle changes possible where the Ford dampers won’t recognise.

I’ve been working with Tractive, feeding back, one is a choice of springs, something the guys are looking at.  As the dampers have such range they could work with more then one spring rate or height range.  At present they offer standard height to around 15mm -20mm lower, adjustable front and rear.  If anyone has different or particular requirement, let me know and I can discuss it with the guys.

The thorny subject is obviously cost,  as they say there will always be something cheaper,  but perhaps not better.  Best way is contact me with your requirements and I’ll see what can be done on the next batch order.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Nice review over on the US site

https://www.focusrs.org/forum/31-focus-rs-suspension/111409-dsc-sport-tractive-active-dampers-available-12.html

UK delivered price not including the DSC controller is £3775.   (Well at least until Brexit!!!!)

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to DSC – The Unfair Advantage……….. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!