Dummy OBD Port – Plug and Play 10 Min Fit

Home Forums Technology Security Dummy OBD Port – Plug and Play 10 Min Fit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

These are made using new genuine Ford OBD ports. These ports are not normally available unless you purchase an entire wiring loom. After feedback from customers wires are now wrapped in the same canvas tape Ford use on their wiring looms and use Bi coloured wires so it will look identical the original when fitted.

Fitting is this easy…..

Firstly unclip your original port and clip the dummy in its place. Then plug the red connector on the dummy into your genuine port. Now relocate the original to a place of your choosing out of sight to a thief. Now using the cable ties supplied strap the dummy lead to your cars wiring loom to make it look like the original port.

If connected to, the port will power up the criminals equipment but obviously will not be able to read data. He will think it’s the original port and that it has been somehow blocked so he will not think about looking for the original which you have relocated behind the dash – at this stage they are unlikely to hang around to hunt for it.

“If a criminal was to break into your car with the dummy port fitted the alarm would go off. They will connect their kit. It would power up just like the real port but nothing else would happen. They would not be able to turn off the alarm or release the doors dead locks. They won’t want to be climbing through the window into your car where they can’t make a quick getaway to work out why their kit isn’t working. Worst case scenario is you get a broken window but at least your car will not get stolen.”

This OBD plug will fit all MK2 Ford Focus models including ST225 and RS Models from 2005-2011Also fits Fiesta ST150, Ford Kuga 2009-2016 and most Mondeo models 2010 onwards

The Reason you should fit this to your car !!!

The On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) port is the portal to the vehicles information and generally required to provide access to the Electronic Control Unit (ECU) or ‘brain’ of a vehicle during maintenance and servicing. This is where your service agent will plug their computer/diagnostic machine in to run diagnostics and carry out updates or checks on your vehicle.

Most vehicles taken without keys are stolen using devices which plug into the OBD port. These intelligent devices ‘hack’ the brain of the vehicle and are able to bypass the vehicles integrated security protocols. This is genuine industry hardware used in a sinister way by a thief, it is not illegal to own these devices nor for companies to sell them, furthermore there is no licencing required or checks to confirm legitimacy of buyers. This equipment is readily available through multiple resellers online.

Most of these devices are pre-programmed so that when they plug into a vehicle, the alarm is turned off during the ‘hacking’ process. Once ‘hacked’ these devices usually then program a new key or trick the vehicle into thinking the key is already present. In many instances this process can take less than 30 seconds before the thief can drive the vehicle away.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The link might help lol

https://www.focusrsparts.co.uk/dummy-obd-port-plug-and-play-10-min-fit/prod_5651.html

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

18stealth
    Participant

UK - England

Which goes back to my original question on other threads, if you have Autowatch fitted, the crim cannot take the car, happy days, but can he sit, stand there in silence while he kille the alarms / deadlocks, etc?

In other words, can these be removed if you have Autowatch fitted if you don’t want them to override the alarm?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

I done kind of a crude but simple fix on my OBD.

Key safe from screwfix £24, Machined slot in side, bonded in rubber to protect cable.

Removed inner plastic surround, templated holes in bracket on car, drilled fixing holes in key safe and fitted.

Done in bit of a panic but think it does the job?

Was going to fit a dummy with all pins linked to a high transformed voltage, but i know at some point ill put it in for service and forget? ?

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

This is for the MK2 though?

The MK3 (so far) is not susceptible to theft in this manner

nilagin
    Participant

UK - England

I have a dummy obd I bought of eBay for £15 delivered, I had it on my ST before the RS. It also just powers up and looks identical to the original Ford one. My son has the same in his Mk4 Focus which he previously used in his Mk3 Focus.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Yes OBD theft is real and it also does the Mk3

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

wheely
    Participant

UK - England

Do you have a link mate?

wheely
    Participant

UK - England

When it comes to service time and you use Ford, do you put it back to original incase they need to update Anything via OBD port?

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I will repeat – MK3 are not stolen through OBD

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

I had one left over from my MK7 fiesta ST, it’s the same one as the RS so I fitted it along with the Ghost alarm. In fact, when I went to Mountune and my local Ford dealer, both struggled to connect to the OBD (even though I told them) so it does work. Might not be absolutely required but they do work.

NB FPM375

18stealth
    Participant

UK - England

@grunty-motor

If the vehicle is relay attacked, then this opens it up I’m sure.  Correct me if I am wrong?

Darrenharris1
    Participant

UK - England

Can they turn the alarm off and unlock the deadlocks with ghost fitted ???

• 🚙

18stealth
    Participant

UK - England

I have asked that on numerous occasions, and nobody knows definitively.

Darrenharris1
    Participant

UK - England

I thought ghost locked the entire ECU

• 🚙
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Dummy OBD Port – Plug and Play 10 Min Fit. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!