Dyno Result

Home Forums Performance Engine Dyno Result

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Had a trip to a dyno today  , very pleased with the results, my car is a stage 2 , and when I had the engine forged I had 270 piper cams fitted too, so it made 437bhp and monster torque of 538 ft-lb (730nm) @ 3350 revs ! Its still on the msd420 map but Stewart added the cams to the map. And that’s with a struggling actuator

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Healthy numbers there 🙂

RutgerHauer
    Participant

UK - England

Yep definitely looking good those numbers 👍

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Good numbers and look how much torque your cars putting out below 2500rm huge below 3000rpm massive amounts I bet she’s docile to drive even thou she’s got cams

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

Loads of torque down low i pity those head studs

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@white-rs2

I don’t know where all the torque has come from ! Makes me wonder now whether to replace the actuator and run a little more boost,  and not bother with a bigger turbo .

You right on the cams , just drives like a standard car , you wouldn’t know till you start pushing it
    <p style=”text-align: center;”></p>

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Robroy

I think the factory turbo starts to decline from around 450 ish but adding methanol and a Coolmist intercooler water spray bar you could be knocking on the door of 470-480.

The Coolmist alone could give you 10-30bhp just by using chilled water and ice cubes

Nate

I don’t understand the comment on the head studs really odd thing to say, as 300 is less than a factory RS

Putting down 300nm at 3000rpm or 540nm at 7000rpm. So where are the head studs stressed the most erm I think the higher numbers may stress a head stud more; more than a really easy to drive car low down.

Uncle Ben could probably get 450bhp and crap torque from our cars and he cooks rice for a living.

People get blinded by Oooooo a high bhp number, but power without a good useful torque figure is just that …………. talk

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

I’m going to send the graph off to stewart at msd , to get his opinion on it , all that torque is a bit of a concern,  don’t want things breaking !!

But looking at the bhp seems around right as its  a 420msd map (415bhp) plus cams another 20 to 30 bhp

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The bottom end is below the factory max just don’t drive it like a diesel 👍

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@white-rs2

How much torque has yours got ? it does seem a bit odd,  be interesting to see what Stewart says at MSD.

The dyno guy did say it was a very happy engine 😁

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Mines around 300 /350nm of torque at about 2500 / 3000rpm can’t quite remember.

Bit I did notice on mine all the Sabre maps where at least half the torque at the same rpm.

But yours should pull tree stumps out of the ground. I don’t 100% know the safe torque limit on an unbuilt engine.

But if you don’t let it labour in gear (drive like a diesel) it’s generally pretty safe can’t say 100% safe.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@White-rs2

Engine is forged 👍

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Dyno Result. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!