Early Christmas Present

Home Forums General Newbie Early Christmas Present

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Project_CJL
    Participant

UK - England

After a long time deliberating, I finally took the plunge and got myself an RS! ?

After looking at the Golf R, M140i, JCW Cooper S and even an Abarth, I can safely say I made the right choice!

I picked the car up last Saturday, after finding the right car at a good price from Ford – the car is Nitrous Blue, forged alloys, lux pack, sync 3, I think the only thing I’m missing right now in particular is the winter pack and heated seats! ? ? but I think that’s something I can live without.

One thing I didn’t go for was the shell bucket seats, after reading a lot about them, the general opinion is that they have a high driving position and are pretty uncomfortable for ‘dailying’. Keen to get peoples opinions on this as I suppose it’s something that can be changed in future?? Because I do think they look better.

That being said almost a week in and am completely in love with the car!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome congratulations enjoy and happy RS’ing. Nice pic thanks for sharing. There’ll be many more smiles per miles to come ?

Honorary Member

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Welcome mate

great choice

Fully forged running M400x

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Welcome and well done, Project.

The issue with the shell seats and daily driving is strongly related to the personal body shape in my opinion. I did more than 90’000 km in 3 years, commuting every day and sometimes 600 km in one drive without any problems at all. I am 170 cm tall, 78 kg and fit perfectly in those seats. But even so, I added some extras: the JCR Super Low Seating Frame (-55 cm) and the DSC controller. The latter is an option that I highly recommend. The Mishimoto gas pedal spacer (+45 mm) helped reduce strain on the right sciatic nerve.

Have fun and drive safe 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Great looking RS, hope you’re very pleased with your purchase. Lots of smiles to the mile from now on. ?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Welcome ?

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome.

I had the same dilemma with the seats and it’s been discussed many times. At the end of the day, it’s a personal choice. I went with the ‘standard’ seats and after sitting in a few with the shell seats I’m still happy with my choice.

Your spec is similar to mine and the Sync 3 is a good option too (my wife has Sync 2).

Hope you enjoy the car. It will be even better once the spring arrives.

Have fun!

Stu

NB FPM375

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome, you have chosen the best colour, but I am biased.

Coastliner

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome to owning a great car and welcome to a great forum ?

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

That’s one nice Early Christmas Present to Yourself have fun which you will……..

rs-kel
    Participant

UK - England

Its just not an proper RS with ST seat in….. ;-P

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

They aren’t even as good as ST seats. ST seats have adjustable under thigh supports. I was told by the dealer (their demo had the shells) that they where exactly the same as ST seats but with RS badges which annoyed me when it arrived.

I simply couldn’t live with the Shells as I have shorter legs and longer body which made me lean my head down to see out the window. There was no way I could drive like that for any length of time but I wished I had got them if I knew you could get lowering frames.

Having heated seats and height adjustment (I have 2 kids, 10 and 13 now so the passenger seat is up and down like a whores drawers) is a real bonus though.

CJL – Its not a simple job swapping them over because of the Seat airbag in the std seats which isn’t in the shells. I read about 1 guy who told his insurance company that he’d swapped them who then cancelled his policy as they wont insure cars with any airbags removed!!!!. Also he had to instal a home made box of electronics to fool the car into thinking the airbags are present. Also the cost. I asked a friend who works for Ford and gets employee discount for a price on the shell seats (including the rear seats which are also different) and the discounted price was £4800. He reckoned full price is nigh on £7k – Wow, not for me.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Early Christmas Present. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!