ECOBOOST RODS AND PISTONS!!

Home Forums Performance Engine ECOBOOST RODS AND PISTONS!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening all!! Some of you may find this of interest, definitely worth a watch!! Alex at Stratified explains the differences between the EcoBoost 2.0 and 2.3 Rods and Pistons and what developments Ford have made for the 2.3 EcoBoost in our RS’s. Enjoy….

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Brembo ?

Honorary Member

18stealth
    Participant

UK - England

I wonder if the Mustang and the new ST will use that type of rod and piston, or if they cost cut compared to the RS?

v8marshal
    Participant

UK - England

Interesting, thanks for posting.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

brings back memories of drunken girls on top…

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

It’s nice to see the additional Oil Holes under the Oil Control ring!! I wonder if Uprated Aftermarket Pistons have as many of them?? I must find out.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Interesting reporting on ring land issues, always back of my mind as a potential issue with my Subaru previously.

May the Ford be with you

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@yorkirs

Evening mate!! Yeah they certainly seem to have strengthened that area. Looks like they’ve put a lot of R and D into the design of the piston. So the weakest link would have to be the Conrod!!

Just had a look at the Uprated Mountune Pistons and they have just as many Oil Holes. ?.

Cheers, Marc.

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

@71-dba

Suggested piston upgrade plus 7 spares??

May the Ford be with you

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@yorkirs

Quality mate!! Haha!! ??.

Imagine those bad boys belting up n down at 6,750 RPM…..!!!!! Haha!!

Cheers, Marc.

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

Would love to hear the discussion on balancing the con rods, “we need to take 15okg of the first 3 and 100kg of the rest.

May the Ford be with you

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

wowzer, they are big old boys, i bet the rev limit is about a 100 RPM !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to ECOBOOST RODS AND PISTONS!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!