Edition

Home Forums General Newbie Edition

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Mr Roberts
    Participant

UK - England

Hi, my name is Tony I’ve just joined the group, will be good to chat to you, I am looking to purchase an rs mk3 edition in nitrous Blue, so if any of you guys have a nice one with low miles I’m here with the cash. Thanks.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Tony and welcome.

Coastliner

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome aboard and good luck with your search 👍

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome, good luck with your search 👍

Honorary Member

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome along. Hopefully you get sorted soon and we can see it at some shows over the summer

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

AndyR1900
    Participant

UK - Scotland

There’s one in Vauxhall Dunfermline, Scotland for sale with 9k on the clock. It’s a fair travel but for the right car it be worth it

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Hi tony & welcome, what’s your budget as they as an edition hold there price , good luck in your quest.

Mr Roberts
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks to everyone replying, I was originally looking to buy a mk2 in ultimate green but changed my search after I went out in my mates mk 3, my first choice is still the edition but wouldn’t necessarily say no to a nice mk2, I’ve got about 33k tops which is not unrealistic for a private sale, as they are going anything from 34 upwards from a garage.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

If it was me Tony I would go for a Mk2, I owned one for 6 years and wished I had never sold it. If you can get a Mk2 low mileage car in good order that’s the route I would go. But I can’t turn the clock back.

Coastliner

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Interesting post Coast.

I seem to remember you not regretting the move from Mk2 to Mk3.

Is this because of the Yaris floating your AWD boat do you think?

I have a feeling i’ll be after swapping to a Mk2 once the GR is in the bag.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@DaveRS3

When I ordered the MK3 which incidentally took 13 to arrive from order, I sold my Mk2 because at that time I couldn’t afford to have both which would have been the ideal scenario. The Mk2 always felt like a weapon and larger than the Mk3 even though the size wasn’t that much different. Was difficult to get away from the lights on a winters greasy day without some loss of traction.

Having said all that the tech has moved on from the Mk2 so better in the Mk3 and the accessibility for rear seat passengers is far better on the Mk3. However I think the engine was far better on the Mk2 being a Volvo unit and I never had any anxiety with am I loosing coolant is that a misfire or do I have an oil leak. Like I said to Bobcat once when we touched base I always buy a car such as the RS new because I want to know how it’s been treated and what has or has not been done to it. I have toyed with the idea of selling my RS Mk3 but I took the cover of this week as she is back on the road 1st April, and it still looks a very pretty and amazing car. So I guess a sale won’t be happening this year.

Many owners of the Mk3 have moved on and would guess the engine issues have played a part in their decision to sell. So as the author of this thread is looking to buy a Mk3 I personally wouldn’t want to buy one that had been owned by one or maybe more owners. This doesn’t mean my view is right but is based on all those experiences of owners having some sort of engine issue with this car.

Coastliner

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@DaveRS3

And I nearly forgot the GRYaris is sitting at almost 4000 miles owned it 9 months, the RS is on 10500 miles owned 5 years 6 months, so you can guess which I drive more. The GR is really a different type of car than the RS and I have no engine anxiety, I did vow never to by a three cylinder car but it just doesn’t feel like a three cylinder 1600cc. It just sounds pants.

Coastliner

Mr Roberts
    Participant

UK - England

I’m hearing more and more bad things about the mk 3, ok has anyone got or know of a mk2 for sale in ultimate green with black leather seats and lux pack?

gary1234
    Participant

UK - England

Tony I’m with coastliner I have sold my mk3 pretty much as what coastliner said it was a fab car but badly In my opinion

the pleasure of the ownership was removed with the engine issues veering steering

I now have a M2 which does not drive as well as the RS nor does it put a smile on my face but the owner experience for me is far better as I don’t keep having to return to the ford dealer

but that aside yes a great car to drive and yes I mis it but badly built but just my opinion

you will love the smiles per mile

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Agree with you guys mk 3 was in my opinion rushed, had they not built the car on the same line as ordinary focus/ mustangs  , & ran a line purposely for Rs,s  we maybe wouldn’t be having the issues with head gaskets today . to many mixed cars on 1 production line is asking for TROUBLE , as we’re are all seeing now . 😢😢😢

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Edition. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!