Edition

Home Forums General Newbie Edition

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

Same situation with me really. Loved my MK3 and searched for ages to get one with the right spec, colour and with low mileage. Bought one that only had one previous owner at two years old and the knowledge that the Head Gasket FSA had been done. Fast forward a year and the first service under my ownership, only to find oil leaks. Had to have the engine pulled apart again and have the revised recall done. When I got the car back, the battery cover was broken, so god knows what ever else they broke. The car was fine for the rest of my three year ownership, but I always had anxiety thinking when’s the oil going to start leaking again. When I was offered more or less what I paid for it three years on, decided to let it go. Now driving a lovely Mercedes A35 AMG and love it.

There is good cars out there, mine was snapped up in no time at all, good luck with your search.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

I’m lucky with mine apparently they’d sorted out the cock ups by the time mine was built

well it hasn’t blown up yet!

gary1234
    Participant

UK - England

Tall Paul I’m convinced most cars will be fine but for me it’s the concern of keep going back to the dealer for the same issue

the car was great to drive probably the best I’ve known but the issues for me were just to much to take

I know of a guy now on his third headgasket

Mr Roberts
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks, got myself one now.

Pauly Paul
    Participant

👍👍

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Edition. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!