Eibach Demo Car

Home Forums General Picture & Video Gallery Eibach Demo Car

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Magnetic Grey Focus RS Eibach demo car with Mountune OZ Wheel upgrade, Eibach lowering springs and custom vinyl kit.

tony-mace
    Participant

UK - England

I Went with Eibach Spring 20mm lower and 15mm spacers all round, the car looks great now especially the back rear arch.

Most importantly  it has improved the handling the car fills much better coming out of a tight corner. The rear fills as if it stays on line and don’t won’t to step out.

The front is the same you can steer the car into the corner faster,and it stays on the corner.

Just my opinion  

comedysi
    Participant

UK - England

nice look….if my maths is correct, i think you’re now running an 8×19 with et35 – the standard wheel is et50 i believe.

now, i am considering aftermarket wheels that are 8.5×19 et38 – which should be 3 mm further out. what do you reckon on that compared to your mod above? think the extra 3mm is ok? they are 8.5 inch wheels but i’ll swap over the original 235 tyres…so a little more stretch, but still fine on an 8.5 rim. based on what you see, do you think an extra 3 mm out all round would look OK, or stupid? i will combine with lowering springs too.

tony-mace
    Participant

UK - England

Simon,,we tryed 20 mm spacer on the rear and they rubbed on the wheel arch. So I’d recommend that if you are bringing the car down by 20mm the rule of thumb would be a maximum of 15 mm  spacer, thats on the stranded 19 wheels  and shocks. It’s worth  doing on the look alone specially on the rear of the car? Hope this info helps

comedysi
    Participant

UK - England

Tony thanks for that…so, do you think my option of 8.5J wheels with et38 would be too aggressive? as i say, i interpret that as +3mm further out. i will put the same 235 tyres on the 8.5j wheels, i think this would be an aggressive look, but i think i could just about pull it off. think that 3 mm makes all the difference (oooo, thats what she said….).

Simon B

tony-mace
    Participant

UK - England

Yes it sound like you have got the measurements right,and it will look  aggressive ?. The only thing  I forgot was when the car is under load  with the 20mm spacers caused the tyre to rub on the rear arch. Worth doing as I said makes the car look how a RS should….

comedysi
    Participant

UK - England

ok, sounds like et38 would be ok then – 3 mm further out than your set-up sounds like it would be ok. how did 20 mm spacers look? did it look TOO aggressive?

thanks for the info, helps immensely with planning the mods 🙂

Simon B

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Eibach Demo Car. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!