Electric F-150 Lightning soaring

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Electric F-150 Lightning soaring

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Apparently, our american friends want to go full electric:

https://www.axios.com/ford-adds-jobs-to-meet-soaring-demand-for-electric-f-150-lightning-af925151-4fe5-42aa-ab67-e2a2cb45179e.html

Now, 150,000 pre-orders is a serious figure. Any comment, @bobcat?

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Frenk, that’s a mighty impressive preorder book. I would be interested in knowing in the real world how they perform. I suspect that in the real world of operations there will some limitations. The future in coming sooner than we think 🙀

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Honorary Member

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Is this built on the new Rivian “skate” chassis?. I know Ford own a portion of Rivian just so they could use their chassis.

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@DaveRS3: I really don’t know. Maybe something on their homepage?

https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/2022/

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@bobcat: For a Swiss this truck is a silly car anyway. But I can understand John Doe living in Bolder, Colorado. Although, skiing in Aspen might become tricky with charging over night. And Kansas City for Thanksgiving might be quite a challenge, energy wise 😉

But who knows, maybe Joe Biden has plans already for a smart grid and Texas will have heating in winter from the pooled F-150 batteries 😎

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Frenk,  there maybe trouble ahead if they cannot get their trucks charged when they want to. Hopefully there’ll be some electrical infrastructure in place if not those yanks will be up in arms

Honorary Member

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

I wonder if this will come to the UK following the pending trade deal.

I had a Rivian in my dream garage till I found out George Soros, the Globalist rich prick has invested in them (along with investing in bringing as many migrants as possible to the UK and US).

F150 it is then. Or will it be the Tesla truck – that thing looks wild but I quite like Elon Musk.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Electric F-150 Lightning soaring. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!