Engine Blown

Home Forums Performance Engine Engine Blown

• This topic has 51 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by faber.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Izzy
    Participant

Romania

Hello Fellow RS owners

I’m here to find out if anyone else has had any engine blow on their mk3 rs .

Mine has blown up in may 27 and i was unlucky to have my warranty over 2 days before.

The issue is a huge hole in the wall of the engine block cca 7 -8 cm opening..

It happened on the highway with high speed.. it turned out a big white smoke suddenly, and the engine stoped enabling me only to park on the emergency lane.

Called ford assistance and they informed me regarding my assistance is over.. and they cant help me. Called a towing service local recomended by the highway police and towed my car to my dealer. Which kept me 6 months till i received a final refusal of warranty repair..

Actually i dont trust anymore the ford engine to install it again the stock one.

I’m concerned all the engines will have the same fate reaching higher milage.

Please share your thoughts , experience, recomendations.

I like the car as a whole but the engine proved to me a big dissapointment.

Fords way of handling my situation makes me unable to trust them anymore atleast our country representative for sure.

My car produced 19th of may 2016.. 55000 km on board.. Revo stage 2 installed.. been once on circuit did 5 sessions of 20 minutes.. drifted a bit in empty parking lots..

So average guy average usage .. catastroffical end.

Thinking of replacement as a tuneplus complete build.

Thank you for your thoughts in advance.

Regards from Romania

fcsrs2300
    Participant

UK - England

Nope. Bad luck. ?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

That sounds unfortunate

Honorary Member

fcsrs2300
    Participant

UK - England

How was your warranty up after two years?? Jesus! How many troll accounts do you need?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Sorry to hear about your dilemma, have you dyno’ed the car in the past and what readings were you getting??

I’ve been questioning a few people running REVO Stage 2 over the last few months, I’ve seen some really high Dyno readings … Torque (657 Nm) and some crazy high Boost Pressures too (30 psi)..!! Both have been REVO Stage 2 on cars from Europe and on standard Engine… NO GOOD!! That’s just too much for standard Engine!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

fcsrs2300
    Participant

UK - England

“Mine has blown up in may 27 and i was unlucky to have my warranty over 2 days before.” Please explain.

Izzy
    Participant

Romania

Hello fellow Rs owners

I’m glad some of you have already responded.

Yes the warranty i received for the car was 2 years only even if i asked for extension and would of payed extra was refused because this is a sport car. According to this my warranty was over on the 25th of may 2018.. had the engine blown on the 27th may 2018.

I didn’t mention that i had several warranty issues with the car before this. In the first year i had both front main bearings changed.. acceleration pedal.. white smoke amd misfires headgasket change.. radiator has leaked and got it replaced.. flywheel and cluth has been changed.. but ford not offering any warranty extention while the car has been in service with warranty issues.. at least couple of weeks.

This is no trolling if you wish to contact me i can give you my Romania  phone number to verify my authenticity.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Regards

Izzy
    Participant

Romania

Hello Brembo regarding your question for the dyno test.

Unfortunatelly not i didnt had the car tested as we don’t have too many options in this matter around us.

Regards

fcsrs2300
    Participant

UK - England

Why didn’t you three years……..like everyone else in the world? rsmk32300@gmail.com. Send me your phone number, your bank account details, your pets name, your first friends name, and your mother’s maiden name. ?

Izzy
    Participant

Romania

No idea ?

Izzy
    Participant

Romania

Good question .. only Romania is giving 2 year warranty for Ford Focus Rs and rest of the world is 3.. wonder what is the reasoning behind this.. and how can i find out why i’m being mistreated for living in Romania ..last i checked in European Union..

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Doesn’t really matter how long your warranty was/is, with a Revo map you automatically voided any warranty anyway. You took a risk with tuning it and had 55000km of usage so best put it down to experience , get a strong new engine and get out there and enjoy it again !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

fcsrs2300
    Participant

UK - England

Okay. Fair enough.

Izzy
    Participant

Romania

I understand your reasoning 71-bda.. my thoughts were to inform other passionates about the engine issue i had. And find out what is behind all this. I like the car as i mentioned and wish to keep it for long time. But if you would have been kept 6 months with bullshit reasonings and stupid remarks by ford tehnicians.. and we repair but we need more data.. than alot of waitings.. and no real answers .. you would also be dissapointed.

Its not really a matter of replacing a shit engine its about responsibility we expect when they sell us the car. If there are any hidden design flaws no matter what i did to my car they should resolve.

Other than this yes i would like to hear your recomendation how  to go further.

Regards

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Istvan, when did you put the revo 2 on the car, how old, what KM ?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Engine Blown. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!