Engine Blown

Home Forums Performance Engine Engine Blown

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Izzy
    Participant

Romania

I just checked car was built 2016.. had gasket changed at 34644 km and was in 2017 august 25th issue came up and  finalized the change 02 october 2017.. head gasket change.sorry if i recalled first year .. was after the first year

Izzy
    Participant

Romania

I owned a ford focus 1.6 150hp before .. she didnt had an issue regarding warranty till RS wasbuilt. I driven it for 3 years. Same foot.. same abusing driver. ?

fcsrs2300
    Participant

UK - England

When did you have the 2018 HG change?

Izzy
    Participant

Romania

Other than 2017 25th august-02 october head gasket change , didnt had any other .. replaced

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

fcsrs2300
    Participant

UK - England

Did you buy it from a Ford dealership? You should’ve had a recall notice.

Izzy
    Participant

Romania

Yes.. ford dealership didnt inform me.. maybe they thought it has been already replaced? That is a good question .. have they replaced with a revised one or not?

fcsrs2300
    Participant

UK - England

I can’t give you anymore of my time, I have a life. Goodbye.

Izzy
    Participant

Romania

Thank you.. regards

rainydays
    Participant

Luxembourg

In one of the picture we can note the following phrase :’Montat Chiuloasa’. This means ‘head assembly. In Romanian, ‘Garnitura Chiuloasa’ means head gasket. Based on the papers, Istvan’s car has broken down badly before the recall has been acknowledged by Ford. Bear in mind that quite a few youtube videos exist where people had their engines replaced by Ford before the Recall. Some had to go back because the parts used were not the right revision.

Having said that, it is very likely that Istvan’s car was repaired with the wrong parts as the dealership did not have anything we received for our models. If Istvan can prove this, he can discuss with the dealership, however, the Revo 2 tune might cause issues :(.

Goodluck Istvan and hope you get a solution with your dealer.

Nitrous Blue Dyno Tuned @ 600 NM | Wagner Tuning – Competition IC | REVO Carbon CAI 

HJS 200 Cell Sportkat Remus Cat-back | SS Black Chrome Tailpipes

Fischer-Hydraulik SS Brake Lines | Endless RF 650 Brake Fluid | Endless ME20 Pads F+R (squeak king)

Rotors: TSP XG150 – DBA 5000 T3 SLOT | DBA 4000 T3 SLOT | Suspension: MR – KW Clubsport 2 way with H&R ARB F+R

Izzy
    Participant

Romania

Hello Rainydays

This is what i was thinking of if they fitted me not a revisioned part in 2017 september than it is a production mistake.. and even if i fitted revo stage 2.. that should’t be a problem for them to admit this engine was not built correctly and replace it. After fitting revo stage 2 i actually noticed a 20 degree drop in water temperature and even if i pushed hard the engine water was not exceeding 90 degrees celsius. Before revo stage 2 .. water was at 90 degree and it was climbing to over 110 if i recall correctly.

So in my oppinion the tune has protected the car engine for another 20k kilometers ..

Regards and thank you for your thoughts.

rainydays
    Participant

Luxembourg

When I did my headgasket in February 2018, I was like a hawk on my coolant temperatures.

You do not tune the car when you notice problems. You take it to your dealer and have them fix it. 

While the coolant system is pressurized and will not have your water boil at 110 centigrade that is not something you want to have.

The first sign you have a head gasket issue (garnitura chiuloasa) is when these start to climb.

My coolant levels are between 88 and 92 degrees with the occasional 96 when I drive on track on very warm days.

Have a chat with your dealer about the matter and verify what parts were used to fix your car.

If you can prove that the wrong parts were used, include your insurance and try to offset the cost somehow.

I am aware Romania is a special cake when it comes to administrative stuff but if you ‘smile’ with an envelope you might get a solution.

PS: while the Revo stage 2 tune gave you benefits in the short term, the increase in torque and power have given you more headaches in the long run because of the faulty repair.

Nitrous Blue Dyno Tuned @ 600 NM | Wagner Tuning – Competition IC | REVO Carbon CAI 

HJS 200 Cell Sportkat Remus Cat-back | SS Black Chrome Tailpipes

Fischer-Hydraulik SS Brake Lines | Endless RF 650 Brake Fluid | Endless ME20 Pads F+R (squeak king)

Rotors: TSP XG150 – DBA 5000 T3 SLOT | DBA 4000 T3 SLOT | Suspension: MR – KW Clubsport 2 way with H&R ARB F+R

fcsrs2300
    Participant

UK - England

Izzy
    Participant

Romania

Izzy
    Participant

Romania

This is the gasket code..i had to make myself photo as my dealer didnt wanted to make it for me.

As i found out this is not the latest code it should be Z instead of Y

And also they lost the head gasket

They told me that the waranty guy at the dealer threw it away..

So they sent me those 2 photos to see they are in good shape .. ford is refusing my warranty claim that the head gasket is in good shape.

Anyone can find out from those 2 pictures of head gasket.. that is the revisioned part or not?

Thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Engine Blown. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!