Engine failure

Home Forums Performance Engine Engine failure

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

Could the altered back pressure from the cobra exhaust cause this with the fact the cars running stock?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Pleased FMC have stood by you with a new engine. Great news.

Jori Heinonen
    Participant

Sweden

Haha Nice to see a fellow Swede. ?

I’ve gotten great service from the mechanic at ford here in Stockholm. He pushed back his vacation so he could replace my engine next week. That’s great service in my eyes. And I even asked him to take pictures and document the process and he was happy to do it. And even mentioned he has an RS himself so he can understand being without it for this long. ?

So now I’m just waiting for it to be done in time so I can break in the engine before we’re heading for a track day later this month.

-17 Frozen White RS

mountune lowering springs

mountune intake

cobra venom catback exhaust

frozex
    Participant

Sweden

The dealers here in sweden isnt that picky when it comes to warranty vs tuned cars etc, Mine’s been tuned every time it went in to Ford for some warranty or recall job, the boss at my dealer test drove my car and came back “this car is not stock” with a smile on his face haha

DS imap  Ultima 2 map

Turbosmart bov 50/50 with BRA installed

Cobb rear motor mount

Scorpion non res cat-back exhaust

K&N air filter

Mountune intake

Mountune suppression chamber

Jori Heinonen
    Participant

Sweden

Out with the old and in with the new ?

-17 Frozen White RS

mountune intake

frozex
    Participant

Sweden

haha it looks so tiny 😀 , I remember when I removed my 4.2L v8 from my Audi s4  😛

DS imap  Ultima 2 map

Turbosmart bov 50/50 with BRA installed

Cobb rear motor mount

Scorpion non res cat-back exhaust

K&N air filter

Mountune intake

Mountune suppression chamber

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Jori, I am pleased it’s on the way to being back on the road.??

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi jori seeing an engine hanging reminds me of these  two jobs.

I have always taken a deep breath after removing a engine and thinking I now need to fill this hole with something that works and not have ANY bits left over at the end.

Best engine removal was on a citreon 2cv, (600 cc ) hand full of bolts removed, disconnect exhaust, remove a few wires disconnected a couple of ancillaries, then reached in an 2 of us lifted the engine out by hand. Replaced with a tuned unit for off road fun in the mud, 40 bhp if I recall correctly.

worst……. BMW V12 from a 8 series…… Nightmare……  weight and balance, access, fit, complexity and cost

May the Ford be with you

Jori Heinonen
    Participant

Sweden

Today i got my baby back, and oo does it feel nice to be behind the wheel of my RS. ? So now the break in period starts.

-17 Frozen White RS

mountune intake

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Pleased you’re back in the RS, happy driving again. ?</p>

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ frozex, nah, thats not tiny, this is what you call tiny !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

oh, and the real thing..

innit.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

How about this for an engine with a fan on the front?? (Merlin engine) you would not need fake engine noise with this under the bonnet. I recall years back a guy called John Dodds fitted one of these to Rolls Royce lookalike and went baiting BMW’s on the autobahn, RR were very upset with him at the time. You can find info on the intranet as there were articles in various car mags at the time.

May the Ford be with you

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yes seen it yorkirs, 27 lires or something i think !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Engine failure. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!