Engine RS focus recal

Home Forums Performance Engine Engine RS focus recal

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Deane, I to chose the RS as my early retirement present and to be honest I am pissed off with the whole Ford experience, from their reluctance to admit anything is wrong to the attitude that you should take out extra warranty[at your expense!] At the moment I cant help but think that the car is not fit for purpose and until such time that the head gasket replacement proves a fix, then that is how it stays. After test driving I personally prefer the Honda but that could be due to the fact you know its not going to go wrong!  Try not to look through rose tinted spectacles when testing the RS [thats my opinion]

Deane Harvey
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Paul

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I saw a new Type R in light primer grey on Wednesday, it drove past me as I was going into a shop, it was SO quiet, looked kind of ridiculous from the rear view too!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

An extra from the latest Lego movie, looks horrendous from any angle, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Find one you like and say to the dealer to complete all the FSA actions before you take delivery. That way it can stand in their premises until it’s done.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Deane Harvey
    Participant

UK - England

Yes good idea

cheers

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@paul-m

Big organisation are slow, they have to have meetings to discus meetings, then they need to investigate the cause and then investigate the previous investigation of the first investigation, then have a meeting to discuss and conclude their findings.

All very long winded, and all the time even if it’s only 1 a week an engine goes pop, that’s a £10k bill to Ford, so don’t you think they (Ford) wanted it sorted ASAP.

As for the parts being ready, that would be an unreasonable assumption, as gasket makers have other orders to fulfil, so to suddenly drop a request for 35,000 Headgaskets isn’t going to happen over-night or over a week-end

So no I don’t think the time taken is unreasonable to find out and if they say it’s sorted with a gasket then until it’s not, it is.

On the subject of Honda didn’t they have a recal about 2 / 3 years ago with a “threat to life” issued across the entire Jazz, Civic and certain Accords with unexpected brake failures across the whole globe. But hey, a headgaskets issue is far more serious LMFAO

As for the new Type-R you need to have prepubescent pubic hair on your top lip and your jeans hanging off ya arse. I’d just be to embarrassed people knowing I’d even thought of a Type-Arghhh

So-Enjoy the best Uber Hatch the RS Focus out their at this moment in time.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Well said ?

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

white-rs2

Point taken on your comment on Big organisations, I should know as I worked for one for over thirty years. As for the Honda recall issue, I must admit you are right again,I`d forgotten that one. But none of this gets away from the fact that its a massive disappointment when you spend 35 odd grand on a car that’s supposed to be the dogs dangleys,and all you hear about is veering steering, oil leaks, crashing sync 3 , front seat material wear, ability to steal it with a toothpick etc,etc, the list goes on. Mine had a drivers door mirror that creaked badly when folding[ replaced under warranty] All of this to me taints the whole new car experience and smacks of not fit for purpose.[not to mention the gasket]

Laughed out loud about the prepubescent pubic hair on the top lip comment. That was a long time ago but happy days!

Never said that the Honda was a looker buy you don’t look at the mantlepiece when poking the fire

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I think people may forget the Focus is nearly a 10 year old design and the RS is run out special based on that platform, as is the norm for all RS’s.  The whole experience is far easier if you read less and watch less YouTube of people with a band wagon to jump on an axe to grind.

I think this latest model has attracted a lot new owners to the brand, who swallowed the media attention when really it possible wasn’t the car for them. Perhaps a nice mumsey sterile A3 would be better. Oh but VAG group deceived  all they’re diesel customers.

Didn’t one of the previous M3 engines have porous heads, the V10 ?  Needing a recall? … and the earlier ones rip the floor pan up as they can’t handle the torque of the engine.

Grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

As 9Designs says the internet / YouTube is the enemy of any product or saviour. But people seem to be far happier knocking something down rather than praising it.

Base your experience on erm ………. your own experience it’s far more enjoyable that way.

Apart from a warranty changed mirror cover and BDA banging on about VS on one road at one speed. Have YOU experienced it ? Has YOUR car been stolen with a double barrelled tooth pick (never heard that one before) have YOU rubbed your seat bolster out to the metal frame and finally has YOUR engine gone pop.

If the answer is No more than Yes well just enjoy it, is all I’m saying 🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

I have to admit white-rs2, that the answer is no and I would agree with 9designs that the grass is not always greener on the other side. This is without a doubt a great car spoilt but the Gasket/ Head /Engine issues and as such, at the moment, I would find it difficult to recommend to anyone who was considering borrowing money to buy an early model as Deane mentioned. Perhaps I read to much into  this so lets  all hope that these problems will soon be put to bed for good.

zondas
    Participant

United Kingdom

I agree that there amazing cars straight out the production line and the grass is never greener but i think the recent problem with the H/G will stick for a long long time even when its all fixed if you can accept that then go get one knowing if it happens it will get repaired unfortunately not everyone can accept that part i am one them but iam holding out for now.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

HG will be forgotten in less than a year,  if buying a used one now, request it’s replaced before you take delivery. “Simples”

For VS get a hunter alignment done, tyres pressured checked and drive smooth and progressively, heck I know one chap here who can drive so smoothly it doesn’t even pop or bang, but be dammed if I could keep up with him.

nilagin
    Participant

UK - England

@paul-m

I think you better Google for faults on the latest Civic Type R, it is riddled with them.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Engine RS focus recal. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!