Engine service now (car went limp mode) ?

Home Forums Performance Engine Engine service now (car went limp mode) ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

Evening all

my car has been sitting for a couple of weeks as I was on holiday. Been back using RS the last couple of days driving normally, on way home tonight fancied a blast (car was fully up to temperature) 2nd gear pull near red line then into 3rd, car lost boost & then limp mode, (SERVICE NOW) appeared on dash,  car not due a service till March 23. When I got home I switched off engine then started engine again , warning now gone, is this something to worry about ?

never happened in the last 5+ years, currently on 27k miles

any ideas ?

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Could be anything. If you have a code reader then fault code probably stored.

if it’s not coming back on at start up then could be nothing to worry about but go back out and boot it again and see if does.

sounds similar issue I had while back when would go into limp mode when on full boost pulls. Pull over turn off/ on and all ok till boost it again aggressively- turned out to be boost solenoid.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

It probably felt lonely and unloved while you were on holiday so thought he’d get his own back and demand some attention once you got home !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Engine service now (car went limp mode) ?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!