EV sales not going well

Home Forums General Non RS Chat EV sales not going well

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The “Greens” should have jumped behind the Hydrogen (H2) powered cars.

Is V-Power now cheaper per mile than electricity? The full charge time is too long and their range is still quite power.

H2 powered cars keep everyone “employed” in the same manner a petrol as the cars layout apart from the fuel cell is basically the same, engine gearbox diffs etc.

Manufactures love EV as their bottom line just gets bigger, as they are actually cheaper to produce.

Its the cleanest fuel to use with zero emissions.

Currently H2 cars are as fast as a 90’s saloon no where near as quick as an EV, but being “Green” isn’t about speed (Prius).

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by white-rs2.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@white-rs2,  check out the Renault website, they are well and truly underway with Hydrogen fuel cell cars. Admittedly it’s a single seater but, the technology is there, they have just got to get the safety aspect right.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Exciting to think this Alpine Alpenglow concept reflects the future of Alpine cars, although there’s no solid plans to go the hydrogen route as this concept features

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Could this effect sales……………..

The Government has announced that, Electric car owners will have to pay road tax for the first time as part of ‘eye-watering’ Budget plans designed to fill a £54billion hole in the public finances.

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt will use the November 17 Budget to change Treasury rules that mean emission-free cars and vans currently pay no vehicle excise duty.

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Maybe I should be keeping my little Fiesta Diesel Bob !! £20 a year tax, in past 11 years it has cost me less road tax than one years road tax in the Focus !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@bda, I would keep your Fiesta, electric car ownership is not going to be cheap by 2025. What with power outage’s there’ll be some disgruntled people who will not get there cars  charged or even cheaply 😥😾

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Bob its going when the ST comes March next year innit, that will be a couple of hundy to tax i bet !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@bda, spoken like a true petrol head….. if you don’t plan your new petrol car purchase now then you’ll loose out. That said I’ve read the government think tank is looking into “Boris’s” eco electric car policy and the banning of petrol car sales. I’m hoping they will overturn the mandate or even defer it by 10 years.

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Bob, I plan to keep driving the BDA health permitting for at least another 20 years!! Im even building a 2 litre alloy block upgrade for it ! 

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

It’s only right that EV’s should be paying road fund license.  The Government dangled the bait of no tax to encourage sales but as it won’t be long before electric is all you can get, they don’t need that incentive so much any more.  Most people contemplating a new vehicle will still go EV irrespective of road tax or not.

When you consider that other than no direct emissions, EV’s being noticeably heavier, potentially create more wear on the roads and stopping these ‘heavy’ vehicles produces more brake dust pollution.  It’s just stupid not to tax these things even if it’s not to the £265 level we pay.

JohnD

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

As we don’t have an EV easy to say yes tax them,  thought this for a while, if you use the road it should be contributing.   Perhaps tax by weight would be better than by emissions,  which seems a bit out dated now.   Also should be a minimum tax say £100, then plus a weight category?

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

chrisch
    Participant

UK - England

@9designs

Yes I agree – (especially as I don’t have an EV) – I think there should be a flat rate, with weight of vehicle (and emissions) determining the tax rate. Wouldn’t be hard to implement (for new vehicles) and would be a lot simpler (and fairer) to implement than charging road users by distance.

I think it would be relatively fair, and it would fill in the increasing deficit in the Government tax intake…

v8marshal
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Horrific accident

Honorary Member

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Did I just here Jeremy Hunt say that electric vehicles will be taxed from 2025? Will be interesting to see if that affect sales further

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to EV sales not going well. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!