Exhaust flap modifation

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Exhaust flap modifation

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 123 total)
  • Author

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

Mines arrived today from partwerx hopefully it will be a simple fit like bravo-kilo says rather than having to take the actual motor off as in the video in this thread. I’ll let you know. I feel like it’s Xmas! Hopefully Pops n Bangs in ‘Normal’ so for Day to day town driving just keep it on normal but when you want everything that bit tighter before a good blast change over to Sport etc

2018 RS Edition

bravo-kilo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Mine is still working fine B1rdy no issues at all and the car sounds good really good.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Got any info on the manufacturer B1RDY? Tried hunting for Custom Components as thats the brand but had no luck.

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

It’s a 5 min job to fit and as I said before flap is open 24×7 ?????

CheeRS

Louie

Revo STG2 Beta Map 433hp 450lb-ft 610.1 nm

?????? Game REVO

prodrive305
    Participant

United Kingdom

Can this be put back to normal if needed at any point if needed ?

pajoda
    Participant

Australia

Easily reversed, I am sold on this for a trial run. I like the idea of always open with the stock exhaust

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

Fitted mine today. Honestly, not even 30 seconds and that’s the truth. Started the car, while on ‘cold start’ and flap open I popped the plug off. Valve stayed open (I thought in my head it would be spring return??). Plugged the ‘valve terminator delete’ connector in. Valve still open. Went to the drivers seat, there was an ‘i’ like a warning but that would be from when I unplugged the valve. Switched ignition  off, valve stayed open, turned back in and no error message! Job done! A “must have” mod, £15 and get all the sound from Sport mode while tootling along through town. Superb!

Kenny, you asked for details etc but the invoice from PartWerx doesn’t say manufacturers details, sorry. Just had this in the description but it might help you search for extra details…

“Ford Focus mk3 Rs 2.3 Exhaust valve terminator delete removal fault code off wire connector”

2018 RS Edition

paul144
    Participant

UK - England

Just ordered this …looks a good solution without changing exhaust ?

A few bits and pieces added

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

It’s a perfect solution. This might sound ‘vain’ but I like the fact now when my wife drives it and I’m not with her, it will still get attention with the snap, crackle & pops as she refuses to put it into sport mode. I just haven’t told her haha

2018 RS Edition

johnybigarms
    Participant

UK - England

B1rdy, fitted mine just like yours, works perfect, flap open and no errors, one thing I did extra, I cable tied the plug and lead to the side of the exhaust valve, then using a blob of bluetak, I pushed it into the connector of the exhaust valve as to protect the electrical connections from water damage, you may want to reverse this mod in a few years or just for servicing, you don’t want corroded connections, could be a real pain in the future, top tip from the bigarms

Mountune M380 package

Mishimoto throttle Pedal Spacer

Mountune Hard Charge Pipes

JCR super low seat frames x 2

DSC Suspension Controller

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the tip bigarms?. I did something similar where i used the finger from a marrigold type glove to act like a “condom” and slipped the original connector into it before cable tieing it up. Ive spent some pile of money on mods etc since buying the RS but this is the best thing ive purchased so far! ??

2018 RS Edition

johnybigarms
    Participant

UK - England

The best things in life are free ? but £15 is close enough ??

Mountune M380 package

Mishimoto throttle Pedal Spacer

Mountune Hard Charge Pipes

JCR super low seat frames x 2

DSC Suspension Controller

Cadogan99
    Participant

UK - England

The plug in thing is a resistor that mimics the ohmage / resistance of the motor copper winding and any associated solenoid. If you measure the ohmage with a meter and go buy the right resistance resistor (cost less than a quid) pop it in and your sorted. Been doing this on motorbikes to bypass the similar exhaust XUP valve and same for getting rid of the exhaust lambda (oxygen) sensor – but this pretty bit of plastic is worth 15 quid though eh 🙂

tommy
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Not exactly easy to just pop in a resistor  into the motor plug without soldering them on. I’d rather pay the £15 for a proper connector, which I did and fitted it today. 5 min job

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

Good job Tommy.  Should be listed here as  the No2 mod people do…..after the gel stickers ?

2018 RS Edition

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Exhaust flap modifation. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!