Exhaust pops and bangs becoming non existant

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Exhaust pops and bangs becoming non existant

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

rob_gtr
    Participant

UK - England

Hi

I have had my RS 2 months now ans when I first bought it the exhaust would pop and bang all the time in sport mode and occasionally in normal.

I pretty much run it in sport all the time now as I find it nicer to drive and wish it could be set to stay in sport but that’s another story…..

Over the past 2 months the pops and bangs (in sport) have become random and less and less, to the point that my last 20 mile run I had ZERO pops when driven pretty hard….

I am currently using Tesco 99 fuel, the pops were less after a good spirited drive tan when I just had the odd point and squirt?

Any help / ideas?

Sticking exhaust valve? Crap fuel? ECU brain fart?

Chrismurf
    Participant

UK - England

Try some wd40 up the tail pipe

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Mine pops and bangs a lot more on point and squirt type of driving, if I come off a dual carriageway or motorway tends not to do it so much

Think it may be due to running cooler on longer runs, fuel not igniting in the exhaust so easily??

john-tukan
    Participant

UK - England

I find baked beans for breakfast followed by lager then chicken vindaloo produces enough pops and bangs for me  thank you!!! And don’t mention squirts!!

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

Only had a couple out of mine

and sounded more like wet farts

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Take your foot off the throttle quicker, if you do it to slow it won’t pop is what I found. Now remapped it just pops anyway.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

focrself
    Participant

USA

Lol post deleted.

Adam Beatty
    Participant

United Kingdom

I have noticed this today. Pops and bangs have gone from really easy to get and today they are extremely hard to make happen? I have deleted the exhaust flap so that can’t be the issue. Maybe it’s the ECU not playing ball when i want haha

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Exhaust pops and bangs becoming non existant. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!