Exhaust System Options

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Exhaust System Options

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

DarkHorse
    Participant

UK - England

If anyone is still mulling over which exhaust system to go for this video presentation might help. From a personal perspective I’d say that the audio doesn’t do justice to the Remus cat back.

faber
    Participant

France

Top video

Gel DMB / Pieces carbone AWMODS / Frein a main carbone RS / Bouton carboneRS / Peinture noir mat pavillon + coques rétroviseur + clignotant séquentielle black / Feu arrières séquentielle black / Antenne courte sparco / Protection ceinture RS / Roue forgées avec sigle RS / Pneus Michelin pilot sport 4s / Bandeau Ford Performance / Garniture carbVone tableau de bord / Vérins de capot moteur / Ligne Scorpion embout inox / Système télécommande de soupape JPperformance / Kit induction Mountun / Kit secondaire Mountune / Durite noire Moutune / Filtre Moutune v2 / Chambre d’insonorisation Moutune / Valve Mountune / Kit durites d’échangeur Mishomoto / Plaquettes freins Ferodo 2500 / Garde de boue Mountune / Stage2 BRPerformance 397 cv et 617 couple / Bougies NGK Iridium / Bras de changement de vitesse Mountune / Vase d’expansion Mishimoto noir /plaque denumérotation n°16417/lampe d’eau couleur blanche RS/plaque feu de frein arrière Ford performance/échangeur Mishimoto +durite Silicon Mishimoto/plaque Ford Performance immatriculation

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@Darkhorse

Good compilation ??

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

walker-steve77
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for sharing. Was leaning towards Remus and still think that’s the best sounding option personally ??

Nitrous Blue, Lux Pack, Blue Brembo Brake Calipers, SYNC 3, Black Forged Alloys & Door Edge Protectors

Stage 1 + many extras

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@darkhorse

Evening mate!! That’s quite a collection of Exhausts there!! ?.

@walker.steve77

The Remus is a quality Exhaust System and I love the sound of it…. Especially when coupled with a Sports Cat!! I’ve yet to hear a video clip that does it any justice??!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

stealthrs_glasgow
    Participant

UK - England

what options are available to cars still in warranty ?

walker-steve77
    Participant

UK - England

Did this video include the Mountune exhaust? Didn’t spot it.

Nitrous Blue, Lux Pack, Blue Brembo Brake Calipers, SYNC 3, Black Forged Alloys & Door Edge Protectors

Stage 1 + many extras

rs-sid
    Participant

UK - England

I had fitted the Scorpion non valve model,personally its too loud and harsh.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@rs-sid

Evening mate!!

My personal opinion is….. Fitting an aftermarket exhaust is one of the best and most enjoyable Mods you can do!! I reckon you should listen to as many as possible in real life and don’t be afraid to spend a wee bit extra coz it’s something that you’ll be hearing constantly when driving!! Every time you hit that throttle pedal it should make you SMILE FROM EAR TO EAR!! 😬😬👍👍.

I’ve got the Remus System with a 100 Cell Milltek Downpipe. I fitted it to the car about 2 years ago, 23,000 miles ish AND I still drive around with the back windows down an inch or 2….. 😬😬👌👌👍👍.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

My scorpion is loud! but valved is a must…. close it and it’s normal / no motorway drone or anything & that’s with no CAT 💥💥🔥🔥

The sports CAT is doing fine also tho, like new after almost a year of ownership 🤣

jamesey78
    Participant

UK - England

@GM

If you need someone to take that sports cat off your hands, give me a shout. Only 17 months of warranty left! 😉

Sync 3, Lux pack, forged alloys, door protectors, winter pack, MSD420, DSC controller, Mountune; intake, short shift, roll restrictor and springs, Mishimoto intercooler and hoses, Pumaspeed 12mm black wheel spacers and nuts, H&R anti-roll bars, Scorpion valved cat-back with black ceramic tips, J9 Performance exhaust valve controller, EBC grooved/dimpled discs and yellowstuff pads, Goodridge carbon effect brake lines, carbon mirror caps and gear knob, smoked led sequential wing mirror repeaters, bonnet lifters, RS puddle lamps, Rally Armor flaps, Ghost and tracker

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@jamesey78 its there ready for when i grow up! 🤣 Will be fitted Sep / Oct most prob…. car is to loud for any track or anything currently so, unfortunately it will have to go on…☹️ Was thinking of welding in a mid res small box, but scorpion won’t sell for a DIY…

Don’t let the warranty hold you back mate, keep all stock parts and if need to fit and take back 🤪 In my experience ford tech’s do more damage than repair 😩

jamesey78
    Participant

UK - England

Like you’re ever gonna grow up! 😂😂 😂

I can imagine it’s massively loud with the decat, so a small resonator is probably a good shout. I contacted Scorpion about new shiny tips, not cheap! Surprised they won’t do a box, but surely not too hard to make/source one elsewhere.

I don’t trust my luck for further power mods yet. I searched for a car with the 5 year warranty for that reason. I’m planning on getting the bits and then going for it once warranty gone.

My S3 went downhill once I went stage 2! Once bitten, twice shy and all that 🙄

Sync 3, Lux pack, forged alloys, door protectors, winter pack, MSD420, DSC controller, Mountune; intake, short shift, roll restrictor and springs, Mishimoto intercooler and hoses, Pumaspeed 12mm black wheel spacers and nuts, H&R anti-roll bars, Scorpion valved cat-back with black ceramic tips, J9 Performance exhaust valve controller, EBC grooved/dimpled discs and yellowstuff pads, Goodridge carbon effect brake lines, carbon mirror caps and gear knob, smoked led sequential wing mirror repeaters, bonnet lifters, RS puddle lamps, Rally Armor flaps, Ghost and tracker

boomboom
    Participant

UK - England

Got mine booked in for the Remus later this year , love the sound but some nice others on there

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

@GM I am sure KMS motorsport do a centre section with a silencer. No idea if it will fit though

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Exhaust System Options. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!