Exhaust upgrade

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Exhaust upgrade

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

Hi everyone,I’m after advice on upgrading my exhaust system,I’m running a Dreamscience map but not sure which one so I’m probably going to get the imap & I’m also wanting to get the exhaust sorted,I’m liking the scorpion system as I had one on my07 st & it sounded really nice,I know it’s not the same engine now,I don’t want it to loud but louder than stock,it has to be the valved one as I don’t want it too loud on cold starts & end up annoying neighbours.Also is it worth fitting a sports cat,I don’t want to go decat.

Andy

Andy.

Red Edition.

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

if i were you, i would fit a sports cat first and see how it sounds with the stock exhaust.

I have a sportscat, 3″ pipe and mountune back box……..its very loud. I ended up buying the remote control valve to silence it.

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

Can you recommend a sports cat gm.?

Andy.

Red Edition.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Tyrefitter i bought sports CAT / decat and scorpion system at ford fair last year as had a mental price for its all…

Theres a guy on instagram selling a full MT system with sports cat for £500 _rs_tom is his name on there

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

I have recently had the scorpion valved system fitted. On a cold start it is insanely loud so i highly recommend the j9 performance valve controller so you can shut the valve so its much more acceptable on a cold start.  When its finished its start cycle and you open the valve the system sounds lovely.

440bhp

443lbft

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

If only I had Instagram. Would take his arm off for that set up at that price

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@turbo-tone just messaged him to see if its still available…. He’s another who has ditched all his M400 setup… surprised he ditched his exhaust also??

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Not sure why he would ditch the exhaust but if he’s fairly close and it is available I will go grab it. Maybe he’s gone decat and very loud?

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@turbo-tone still available mate 👍 has to be collected from Cornwall area…. send me something / some how he can contact you and ill pass it on gm@greeneng.co.uk

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

Matt. B have you also got the sports cat or just the valved system.? I was also thinking of fitting the j9 valve controller,ive seen a vid on YouTube with the same system done by car focused.

Andy.

Andy.

Red Edition.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Decat’s not that loud 🤣🙈

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Fuck couldn’t be any further away. That’s 300 miles in each bloody direction. My sister in law is currently holidaying in Bude. Wonder if she could strap it to the roof on the way back😂

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@tryefitter the j9 remote it awesome…. a must for any valved system, having independent control is how it should of come from ford.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@turbo-tone 🤣🤣 Ill go grab it, £850 posted??? 🤔🤣🤣🤣

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Exhaust upgrade. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!